Do you wonder what could happen if all the people stewarding God's global mission made catalytic connections across the regions of the world, generations, and spheres of influence? We do. At the Lausanne Movement, we are passionate about accelerating global mission, and we are looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team of change-makers.
The CFO plays a vital role in the financial management and stewardship of the Lausanne Movement. This position involves overseeing and directing all financial activities to ensure the organization's financial health, integrity, and compliance with regulatory requirements. The CFO is responsible for developing and implementing financial strategies, policies, and procedures.
The CFO works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Board Treasurer and Development Director, to ensure all financial decisions are aligned with the Lausanne Movement’s mission and values.
Lausanne recruits staff that have a strong active faith in Christ and see that everything they are involved in life is in some way a part of their overall ministry. This includes their “job”, whatever it is. Lausanne staff are parts of a puzzle that have many pieces, of which they are one. Their puzzle piece fits into the whole and it is this way that the Lord uses Lausanne to minister in the world.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Management
- Develops and implements financial plans, budgets and casts a vision that aligns with the movements strategic goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, providing regular reports and recommendations to the CEO, the Board and Senior Staff team.
- To provide oversight on financial transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, while considering global operations and managing payments in multiple currencies, you can adopt the following practices and utilize suitable solutions.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, including the preparation of financial statements, tax returns and assist in all grant reports.
- Strategic Planning
- Collaborate with the CEO, Board of Directors and Senior Leadership team to develop financial strategies that align with Lausanne’s mission, vision, and values.
- Conduct financial analysis and feasibility studies for new initiatives, programs and assist the Development Team in their fundraising campaigns.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making processes.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to develop realistic and achievable budgets.
- Monitor budget performance continually and provide guidance where needed.
- Support the Development Team by providing financial data, projects and grant compliance reports to donors, grantors and other giving organizations.
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Work with Cru’s Accounting Team to ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations, tax laws and accounting standards
- Oversee all audits and reviews.
- Manage relationships with auditors, Cru’s Account team and other financial stakeholders.
- Team Leadership
- Provide oversight to the finance and accounting team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration within and amongst other teams, and integrity.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for the continued strengthening of the finance team.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in financial management, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of tax laws, compliance requirements, and financial regulations relevant to non-profit organizations.
- Proven track record of successful financial planning, budgeting, and analysis.
- Having excellent leadership and communication skills, along with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders, is essential for leveraging finance as a means to support the actualization of your organization's vision.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to the Christian values and mission of the organization.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and treating it with the security and respect required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills manifested in a confident, warm, outgoing manner
- Native or fluent English speaker that has excellent written and oral communications (fluency in a second language is preferred)
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Competency in personal computing (including typing); HTML editing and desktop publishing experience a plus
- Competency with Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 software Excel and other Microsoft programs
- A follower of Jesus Christ
- Affirmation of the Lausanne Covenant, the Cape Town Commitment and Lausanne’s Code of Conduct.
- Ability to interact sensitivity with people from diverse Christian theological perspectives within the global Body of Christ, under the common commitment of the Lausanne Covenant.
- A personal sense of commitment to the cause of accelerating global mission.