Hello, We're EdPlace!
We're a growing online educational content provider helping parents and tutors across the UK support each child's learning journey to help them succeed. To date, we've helped over 40,000 children aged 5 to 16 with their maths, English and science. We believe every parent should have access to quality educational support that effectively helps their child succeed. As the helpful hero and parent champion, our mission is to be the most trusted partner for parents with the biggest impact on a child’s education. We’re looking to build on the great success we’ve had to date and want you to be part of it. You’ll join a small, friendly team based in Borough, London.
Is This Role For You?
We’re looking for someone to join the Content Team who is passionate about helping children succeed in their learning and empowering their parents to support them on this journey. You’ll be excited by the opportunity to make a difference and develop your skills but will have the drive to get stuck in from the start and to ask for support when you need it.
Our immediate focus is to launch the UK’s leading revision product (including SATs, GCSE and 11+). Reporting into our Head of Content you’ll be a big part of the team responsible for delivering this, whilst also updating and improving our existing content. You will also play a part in shaping the future development of the site, including new subject areas and experiences for our users.
You should be attracted by the opportunity to:
- create inspiring educational content for children aged between 5 and 16;
- design questions on specific topics to assess student understanding;
- formulate tutorial advice or how-to-guides for students and parents;
- analyse, edit and improve submissions from teacher-authors nationwide;
- stay abreast of innovations in the education sector and implement this learning in your projects;
- work on a web-based tool;
- work well as a team, share your ideas and develop your skills proactively;
- manage your own time and meet project deadlines.
In summary, if you’re passionate about writing and managing inspiring educational content for children, this role is for you.
- Deliver and maintain educational content at the highest possible standards.
- Work with a remote team of teacher-authors, designers and proofreaders, providing additional input where required.
- Contribute to, and manage delivery of, priorities on the content roadmap.
- Work with the Head of Content to prioritise projects, allocate time and resources, and meet deadlines.
- Analyse the effectiveness of content and identify areas for improvement.
- Reflect on feedback from customers and problem solve as a team to find solutions.
- Liaise with other departments in the business, representing the Content Team with professionalism.
- Project manage your own workload, asking for support and resources when required.
- Share ideas for future subjects and development which will help improve the service offered.
- Passion for the goals, mission and approach of EdPlace
- Experience in a relevant role or industry which involved educational content in some capacity
- Excellent written English skills and great attention to detail
- Some understanding of the school system in the UK and the National Curriculum
- Excellent web and IT skills
- Advocating and embodying company values with all stakeholders
- Be a team player who is self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Motivated to learn quickly and ask for support when required
- Take on board feedback, problem solve and continually develop own skills
And bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Understanding of/experience with 11+ exams
- Project-management skills
- Experience working with children
- Experience in a customer-focused industry/role
If you don't tick all the boxes but still think you'd be a great fit please get in touch.
The EdPlace Way
Our culture is grounded in creating the best possible place to work as this helps us be our best at helping EdPlace succeed and be the best partner for parents, educators and students. We focus on freedom, flexibility and responsibility to deliver results. The role is full time, however we will work with you to create a setup that works you and the company.
Our values run through everything we do here at EdPlace. Are you A Hero?
Salary range: £20,000 - £30,000 (dependent on experience)
- Adaptive: We ensure we’re adapting to our customers’ needs and quick to respond.
- Helpful and supportive: We’re a small team, so it’s important to help and support one another to make EdPlace the best it can be.
- Effective: We work towards clear actions to get results.
- Results-focussed/problem solver: We don’t settle for ‘this is how it has always been done’ or ‘no that can’t be done’. We look for solutions.
- Openly caring and genuine: We take pride in helping our customers support each child’s education.