We are hiring a Teamwork Facilitator, Talent Management Guru, Process and Performance Coach to join our Organizational Development Team
Download the JD as a PDF here
At edge we are passionate about organizations that will create the future of East Africa, be it growth-oriented businesses with innovative products or services or grassroots organizations serving their communities in transformative ways.
We are committed to supporting these organizations in achieving their ambitious goals by helping them build highly-effective teams and being attractive, vibrant workplaces. Demand for our different services is growing, and we keep innovating new ways of helping our clients build strong teams! Our path to becoming the trusted partner for founders, managers and employees around talent and team related questions is quickly taking shape!
In East Africa since 2014 we have grown beyond Nairobi quickly, and have worked with entrepreneurs from Eastern Congo to Northern Tanzania enabling them build their capacity in HR strategy, talent recruitment. performance management and organization culture.
In Kenya we work with clients from Migori to Lodwar to South Coast thinking through what teams and organization culture will help them achieve their objectives and strategies. We have worked in-depth with 60+ start-ups, social businesses and grassroots organizations across East Africa since 2014. Learn about our clients here.
More about edge: www.edgeperformance.co.ke
About the role
Never mind the title. You can make up your own later.
We are looking for a people development and business growth enthusiast to support delivery of our services around talent management, team development and organization design to our clients with the aim of radically improving how people collaborate and communicate and building the right culture to support growth and innovation.
You will engage in multiple client projects every quarter from understanding the business model, organizational culture and current team context, to tailoring the most relevant and transformational tools and engagements all the way to implementing and building new capacities in the client's team.
You will ensure that ambitious and exciting organization across East Africa roll-out innovative talent management practices, build role-model workplaces and achieve their goals and objectives. This role is ideal for you if you believe that we need new business advisory models across East Africa, you love the culture and dynamics of small and growing organizations and if you want your creative spirit and people skills to matter!
Your responsibilities will include
Support (and over time lead) client projects
- Understand the client's realities in-depth: Their business or impact model, their growth goals, their current team and structure, and team-related needs and pains.
- Shallow or deep dive to analyze existing processes, structures and relationships to understand their impact on individual, team and organization performance.
- Support in identifying project objectives for our engagement with the client that will create biggest possible impact on their organization performance.
- Create an engagement plan, tailoring methodologies and tools from our library that will achieve these objectives, designing for the audience (from rural-based community development organizations to cross-cultural highly-educated teams in capital cities)
- Implement the engagement plan, including: Running highly interactive workshops, carry out individual or group coaching sessions, run virtual learning communities and many other activities aimed at building highly-effective teams for the client. This also includes helping turn organization strategy and goals into clear roles & accountabilities for all team members
- Gain trust of the managers and team and act as a sounding board in various situations.
- Follow up with the managers and teams to ensure implementation and adoption
- Knowledge management: project reports and documentation
Continuous development of our tools and methodologies
- Collect and analyse needs regards Talent Management, Workplace Experience, Team Performance and Organization Design through research and user interviews
- Drive-up utility value of our existing methods, and improve them based on user feedback and market interests. These include toolkits for diagnostics and process design, moderation methodologies, workshop facilitation session outlines, video manuals, gamified tools, self-discovery guides and many other interactive formats.
- Ensure all services create strong value for the organizational bottom line just as much as transform the individuals' and team's workplace experience
- Create procedures, manuals and other documentation to support service delivery at scale
- Run prototypes internally and externally. Move fast and use lean mindset.
- Building edge and cross-pollination between projects
- Support recruitment projects and career coaching and talent engagement projects at times
- Share insights with and learn from the career coaching and recruitment teams.
- Ensure edge is learning: Research market trends, proactively gather learnings, collect client feedback, share insights to continue innovating how we deliver our services and participate in edge strategic meetings.
- Support edge's growth: external representation at events, identifying opportunities for cross-selling, taking care of the wellbeing of the team
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about connecting people with the bigger picture of their organizations, you believe that workplaces should be both effective and healthy, and you want to grow your career in the human capital space.
- You are intellectually curious, question things, are okay with being proven wrong, and love using your brain to analyze and strategize around difficult questions.
- You are naturally able to sense issues in a team and what individuals need.
- You are a fast and self-driven learner. You'll be a credible role model to our client's teams and managers when it comes to pushing yourself to new heights.
- You have 2+ years of experience and some impressive results in either:
- developing and/or running transformative trainings and workshops, where participants create solutions to their own challenges
- innovating and implementing talent management and development processes in small, fast-growing or fast-changing organizations, maybe as a learning & development specialist coaching
- or advising entrepreneurs or managers in managing their teams
- Experience and skills in design thinking, lean and prototyping are an added advantage.
- You have a track record of executing tasks in a timely manner and are good at meeting deadlines.
- You have a great eye for detail, making documents look fantastic with excellent knowledge of English, grammar and style.
- You are happy to organize your work independently; you are resourceful and can create lots of value with small budgets and little time
- You are able to add value in fast-changing environments where things are uncertain and you get to figure things out.
- You easily navigate Google documents and spreadsheets, slides and your workshop handouts.
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- We work closely and deeply with exciting organizations and passionate leaders across East Africa.
- Experience the start-up world and leave your mark in a young ambitious organization
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning
- You will work directly with the founders and be included in exciting strategy and product design conversations with the whole team.
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
You will work from our Kilimani office. Home office option available, as long as you're able to collaborate and achieve results virtually. This is a client-facing role, with around 30-40% of your time spent in calls, meetings, workshops and sessions across or outside Nairobi. edge is a young company, be prepared to deliver with limited resources.
Thinking of applying?
- Take your time to go through our website and read more about our services, and what it's like to work with us. Check out our candidate guide as well. http://edgeperformance.co.ke/join-us/
- Fill in the application form below
- Record a simple video (not more than 6 minutes in total) of yourself answering the following questions. Upload it on YouTube (for privacy: tick "unlisted") and share the link on the application form.
- We would like to learn more about your relevant past experience. Please share with us your 3 key strengths in coaching and training teams, and how they will help you succeed in this role. In addition, highlight how this role will be a stepping stone to your personal and professional goals. (max 4 mins)
- Our team recently shared how it is to work at edge in this blog http://bit.ly/edgelife What traits would you need to change for you to adapt and thrive in such a set up? What strengths do you have that will ensure you can thrive in this work environment? (max 2 minutes)
- Tailor your CV to this role and upload it (max 2-3 pages!) in PDF format as part of the form as well
- Apply AS SOON as you see this. Selection will take place on a rolling basis