Download the Job Description as a PDF under this link!
At edge we are passionate about organizations that will create the future of East Africa, be it growth-oriented businesses with innovative products or services or grassroots organizations serving their communities in transformative ways.
We are committed to supporting these organizations in achieving their ambitious goals by helping them build highly-effective teams and being attractive, vibrant workplaces.
Our path to becoming the trusted partner for founders, managers and employees around talent and team related questions is quickly taking shape!
In East Africa since 2014 we have grown beyond Nairobi quickly, and have worked with entrepreneurs from Eastern Congo to Northern Tanzania enabling them build their capacity in HR strategy, talent recruitment. performance management and organization culture.
In Kenya we work with clients from Migori to Lodwar to South Coast thinking through what teams and organization culture will help them achieve their objectives and strategies. We have worked in-depth with 60+ start-ups, social businesses and grassroots organizations across East Africa since 2014 and with 200+ others globally.
About the role
We want to change the way people look at work, being employed, their careers, running companies and teamwork.
We have reached 200 organizations across East Africa and engaged with 10,000’s of working professionals but we can do more!
You will co – create and implement our social media communications and talent engagement activities to drive our engagement and positioning with diverse career professionals. You will lead conversations that inform about our open job opportunities, career coaching programs and events while gathering industry trends and other activities.
You will seek, build and maintain relationships that promote our work across East Africa.
Your responsibilities will include
Support candidate engagement for our recruitment services (70%)
- Participate in recruitment project meetings where strategies and tactics to build a strong candidate pipeline for vacant positions are jointly developed.
- Diligently implement candidate sourcing strategies and tactics by reaching out to and connecting with diverse professionals through LinkedIn and other online channels pitching our current and future career opportunities.
- Manage all talent conversations, respond to incoming queries, making the relevant introductions and sharing relevant information on the application and selection process for the different open roles.
- Manage all project management trackers ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.
- Coordinate with the delivery team in receiving candidate feedback after the close of every recruitment process.
- Create and manage online and offline partnerships for positioning job opportunities with edge clients to relevant public and job seekers.
- Conduct an analysis of the recruitment sourcing data and make recommendations to the delivery team for candidates experience improvement.
- Continuously improve the feedback mechanism to ensure we are gathering relevant and valuable data (run surveys, polls etc.)
- Grow the edge talent pool by proactively sharing information about our clients and opportunities across relevant platforms, carrying out first assessment of profiles and tagging all new profiles diligently on the database system.
- Manage all our talent databases and resource pool database ensuring all details are accurate and updated.
Research and Knowledge Systems (10%)
- Support market research on targeted talent profiles, career preferences, salary industry levels, latest recruitment channels etc.
- Conduct research on the internet and otherwise: Identify opportunities, networks and contacts, compile facts and trends that our teams can use to deliver better or faster results for our clients.
- Market Research related to career paths: understanding how departments and job roles are structured in different industries, mapping out job titles, salary ranges and career progression paths that professionals take.
- Keep updated the internal knowledge libraries and procedure manuals that our teams use. Ensure that all new learnings from projects are incorporated into our standard approach once projects are closed.
Position edge in and through events (10%)
- Research and determine the best audience for edge events in collaboration with the team.
- Identify and recommend various events where edge can position itself – by attending as speakers, panelists or participants.
- Be edge's ambassador in various events and forums, drive lead generation.
Innovation management (10%)
- Opportunity to choose and drive your own innovative project in the talent space, in line with edge's overall goal of enabling individuals and organizations tap their potential
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about connecting people with the bigger picture of their organizations, you believe that workplaces should be both effective and healthy, and you want to grow your career in the human capital space.
- You are intellectually curious, question things, are okay with being proven wrong, and love using your brain to analyze and strategize around difficult questions.
- You are a fast and self-driven learner.
- You have a great eye for detail, with excellent knowledge of English, grammar and style.
- You have at least one year of work experience, possible in one of the following: research work, social media marketing, sales or business development.
- You enjoy spending time on the internet and behind your computer and the idea of connecting with people through the internet to achieve business goals is exciting to you.
- You have a track record of executing tasks in a timely manner and are good at meeting deadlines.
- You are happy to organize your work independently; you are resourceful and can create lots of value with small budgets and little time
- You are able to add value in fast-changing environments where things are uncertain and you have to figure things out.
- You have strong computer skills and experience with: web research, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, google drive and writing emails in a professional context.
- An HR degree is not a must. Instead interest in learning the talent managment aspects of business and curiosity about career paths is crucial.
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- We work closely and deeply with exciting organizations and passionate leaders across East Africa.
- Experience the start-up world and leave your mark in a young ambitious organization.
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning.
- You will work directly with the founders and be included in exciting strategy and product design conversations with the whole team.
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
You will work from our Kilimani office. Home office option available after probation period, as long as you're able to collaborate and achieve results virtually. edge is a young company, be prepared to deliver with limited resources.