At edge we are passionate about organizations that will create the future of East Africa, be it growth-oriented businesses with innovative products or services or grassroots organizations serving their communities in transformative ways.
We are committed to supporting these organizations in achieving their ambitious goals by helping them build highly-effective teams and being attractive, vibrant workplaces. Our path to becoming the trusted partner for founders, managers and employees around talent and team related questions is quickly taking shape!
In East Africa since 2014 we have grown beyond Nairobi quickly, and have worked with entrepreneurs from Eastern Congo to Northern Tanzania enabling them build their capacity in HR strategy, talent recruitment. performance management and organization culture.
In Kenya we work with clients from Migori to Lodwar to South Coast thinking through what teams and organization culture will help them achieve their objectives and strategies. We have worked in-depth with 60+ start-ups, social businesses and grassroots organizations across East Africa since 2014 and with 200+ others globally.
All details: www.edgeperformance.co.ke
About the role
Download the JD as a PDF under this link.
We are looking for a Programs Assistant to join our team to support delivery of our various services to our clients. You will support multiple projects at a time, whether delivery of advisory services our clients, events management, roll-out of new programs, recruitment drives, or edge's internal improvement and research projects.
You will help keep things organized at edge: When the team is recruiting great talent for our companies, helping them implement team management processes and tools or delivers career coaching programs, we need you to ensure we stick to our timelines, deliver as promised and keep building our internal knowledge bases as we grow. This role is ideal for you if you are systematic, enjoy making things run smoothly and love the culture and dynamics of a small team where learning and growth is the only constant.
Your responsibilities will include
- Programs Support
- Manage participant communication around trainings and workshops: Send reminders to attendants, compile and send readings and ensure everyone does their required preparations.
- Support the recruitment team with any coordination around hiring or onboarding services.
- Support edge events through coordination of promotions, sign-ups, catering, shopping, printing etc.
- Draft and prepare reports and other documents for workshops and projects based on guidance by project leads.
- Proofreading documents, blog posts and social media conten
- Organize your own workload between all the projects and demands in a proactive manner, keeping personal effectiveness high.
- Continuously stay abreast with market trends, proactively gather learnings and share insights to continue innovating how we deliver our services.
- Support edge's growth: external representation at events, identifying opportunities for cross-selling, taking care of the wellbeing of the team and participating in strategic planning meetings.
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about connecting people with the bigger picture of their organizations, you believe that workplaces should be both effective and healthy, and you want to grow your career in the human capital space.
- You are intellectually curious, question things, are okay with being proven wrong, and love using your brain to analyze and strategize around difficult questions.
- You are a fast and self-driven learner
- You have a great eye for detail, making documents look fantastic with excellent knowledge of English, grammar and style
- You have at least one year of work experience, possible in one of the following: research work, project support, business administration, events management or community programs.
- You have a track record of executing tasks in a timely manner and are good at meeting deadlines.
- You are happy to organize your work independently; you are resourceful and can create lots of value with small budgets and little time
- You are able to add value in fast-changing environments where things are uncertain and you have to figure things out.
- You have strong computer skills and experience with: web research, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, google drive and writing emails in a professional context
- An HR degree is not a must, but interest in learning the talent management aspects of business and curiosity about career paths is crucial.
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- We work closely and deeply with exciting organizations and passionate leaders across East Africa.
- Experience the start-up world and leave your mark in a young ambitious organization
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning
- You will work directly with the founders and be included in exciting strategy and product design conversations with the whole team.
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
You will work from our Kilimani office. Home office option available after probation period, as long as you're able to collaborate and achieve results virtually. edge is a young company, be prepared to deliver with limited resources.
Thinking of applying?
- Take your time to go through our website and read more about our services, and what it's like to work with us. Check out our candidate guide as well. http://edgeperformance.co.ke/join-us/
- Submit your application by filling survey below.
- Record a simple video (not more than 3 minutes) of yourself answering the following questions. Upload it on YouTube (tick "unlisted" for privacy) and share the link on the application form.
- What makes you interested in a career in business advisory and building strong teams for small organizations?
- Our team recently shared how it is to work at edge under this blog http://bit.ly/edgelife What traits would you need to change for you to adapt and thrive in such a set up? What strengths do you have that will ensure you can thrive in search a work environment?