We are hiring Project Leads
At edge we are passionate about organizations that will create the future of East Africa, be it growth-oriented businesses with innovative products or services or grassroots organizations serving their communities in transformative ways. We are committed to supporting these organizations in achieving their ambitious goals by helping them build highly-effective teams and being attractive, vibrant workplaces.
Our path to becoming the trusted partner for founders, managers, and employees around talent and team related questions is quickly taking shape!
In East Africa, since 2014 we have grown beyond Nairobi quickly, and have worked with entrepreneurs from Eastern Congo to Northern Tanzania enabling them to build their capacity in HR strategy, talent recruitment. performance management and organization culture.
In Kenya, we work with clients from Migori to Lodwar to South Coast thinking through what teams and organizational culture will help them achieve their objectives and strategies. We have worked in-depth with 60+ start-ups, social businesses and grassroots organizations across East Africa since 2014 and with 200+ others globally.
All details: www.edgeperformance.co.ke
About the role
We are looking for Project Leads to join our team to lead and support the delivery of our various services to our clients. You will lead multiple client projects every quarter, from the first meetings where the desired outcomes are defined, through implementation all the way to the successful final evaluation with the client and their team.
The projects will span the whole edge service portfolio: carrying out human capital health checks, defining talent management processes and implementing them by engaging the team, introducing transformational teamwork tools and ways of collaborating and communicating, and recruitment projects to ensure the client hires the right talent.
By having you on board, we want to accelerate the roll-out of innovative talent approaches in Kenya and East Africa. This role is ideal for you if you love the culture and dynamics of small and growing organizations and if you want your analytical and people skills to matter!
Your responsibilities will include
- Understand the client's realities in-depth: Their business or impact model, their current realities, their growth goals, and team related needs and pains.
- Understand the desired experience of working with us and build a trusted working relationship.
- For recruitment projects:
- Understand the big picture and the nitty gritties of the position to hire for, clearly map out the responsibilities of the role, and derive the required talent profile and criteria.
- Design and lead the implementation of different recruitment tools and approaches to attract great candidates to the position. Actively build a pipeline of candidates through creative and smart headhunting approaches.
- Design and use assessment and screening methods to filter candidates until we have a relevant shortlist of final candidates.
- For organization design, talent performance or teamwork related projects
- Collect relevant data and insights through surveys and interviews to unearth challenges and opportunities relating to performance, culture and team.
- Analyze existing processes, structures and relationships to understand their impact on individual, team and organization performance.
- Think through, design and tailor change journeys that holistically address diverse talent management needs over time (tools, workshops, conversations, processes, etc).
- Implement the activities, for example by moderating conversations and facilitating training workshops that enable the client teams have deep dialogue, resolve tensions, define synergy points and work together better.
- Help turn the client's organization strategy and goals into clear roles & accountabilities for each department and employee.
- Ensure there is lasting change, by engaging champions in the client team. Always aim at the teams defining their own processes, structures and relationships.
- Work collaboratively with the edge team at all times.
- Continuously stay abreast with market trends, proactively gather learnings and share insights to continue innovating how we deliver our services.
Ensure edge is learning: Research trends, collect client feedback, ensure documentation and participate in edge strategic meetings.
Support edge's growth: external representation at events, identifying opportunities for cross-selling, taking care of the wellbeing of the team
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about connecting people with the bigger picture of their organizations, you believe that workplaces should be both effective and healthy, and you want to grow your career in the human capital space.
- You are intellectually curious, question things, are okay with being proven wrong and love using your brain to analyze and strategize around difficult questions.
- You are a fast and self-driven learner
- You are proud of your ability to design solutions that make a lasting difference to a challenging situation: a new process, a structure, tools, a new approach, a clarifying document, etc.
- You have 2+ years of experience in either:
- a client or project-oriented environment where you have gained skills that are transferable to this role, or
- in any of the areas: talent recruitment, workshop facilitation, people or team coaching, learning & development, creating and implementing HR processes and policies
- You have a track record of executing tasks in a timely manner and are good at meeting deadlines.
- You have a great eye for detail, making documents look fantastic with excellent knowledge of English, grammar, and style
- You are happy to organize your work independently; you are resourceful and can create lots of value with small budgets and little time
- You are able to add value in fast-changing environments where things are uncertain and you have to figure things out.
- You easily navigate google forms and spreadsheets and are skilled at creating client-facing reports in document and slide format.
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- We work closely and deeply with exciting organizations and passionate leaders across East Africa.
- Experience the start-up world and leave your mark in a young ambitious organization
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning
- You will work directly with the founders and be included in exciting strategy and product design conversations with the whole team.
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
You will work from our Kilimani office. Home office option available, as long as you're able to collaborate and achieve results virtually. edge is a young company, be prepared to deliver with limited resources.
Thinking of applying?
- Take your time to go through our website and read more about our services, and what it's like to work with us. Check out our candidate guide as well. http://edgeperformance.co.ke/join-us/
- Submit your application by filling the application survey under this form.
- Upload your CV (max 2 pages!) in PDF format as part of the form as well.
- Apply as soon as you can as applications will take place on a rolling basis.
- Record a simple video (not more than 2 minutes) of yourself answering the questions below. Upload it on a video sharing platform of your choice (private) and share the link on the application form.
a. Video question 1: What makes you interested in a career in business advisory and building strong teams for small organizations?
b. Video question 2: Our team recently shared how it is to work at edge under this blog http://bit.ly/edgelife. What traits would you need to change for you to adapt and thrive in such a setup? What strengths do you have that will ensure you can thrive in such a work environment?