Applications with right to work in the EU only. This position is based in Aarhus (Denmark).
We are developing a next-generation sales portal to enable the rapid purchase of commercial aircraft spares for our customer, a leading spares seller owned by a leader in the aviation industry. You will work as part of a team of experienced Java and Spring Developers customising SAP CX Commerce (formerly Hybris) to meet our customers requirements. The customer’s plan is to provide the Amazon of the airline industry; “A one-stop commerce ecosystem that guides and delights our customers while growing our partners’ business”.
About the Project
The Next Generation Portal will host millions of aircraft spares that will be bought by maintenance engineers, manufacturers and suppliers worldwide. The portal, a progressive web application is designed for fast and easy ordering of parts with user experiences tailored specifically around client buying workflows.
The project is the first phase of a larger programme that will incorporate machine learning and real-time telemetry data to better predict and serve customer spares requirements. A marketplace platform has already been started to ensure the portal becomes the single place on the web for all aircraft spares!
You’ll join a crack team of Java eCommerce developers who are developing the backend system that must integrate with our clients SAP ERP for pricing, inventory, and ordering. The platform exposes a REST API that is consumed by a separate front-end application. You’ll help develop almost all the parts of the stack including working on Product Information Management and Customer Support Back Office applications.
- Develop features in Java to adapt SAP Commerce Cloud which is a popular eCommerce platform built on the Spring Framework
- You’ll write clean reliable and maintainable code that’ll process a high volume of aircraft spares sales over the next decade and beyond
- Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development are practiced each day, to increase code quality and knowledge sharing
- Continuous integration to automatically test every code push and enable us to build towards implementing continuous delivery to rollout future innovations.
- People having excellent problem solving capabilities
- Strong team player with the willingness to pair-program to learn, crack out solutions and share knowledge and ideas.
- 3+ years of Java and experience of the Spring Framework
- Experience of Test Driven Development including Mocking
- Ownership of your work and willingness to demo and describe what you have implemented to our customers architects and product owner.
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms is desirable but not essential
- Experience working on an Agile project (SCRUM)
- An exciting and innovation-led project
- Great cooperation with our automation testers, devops, and customer/business analysts
- Room to grow and develop yourself
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- A Macbook Pro
- Gain expertise in the industry-leading enterprise commerce, marketplace platforms
About our company
e2y is an award-winning digital experience consultancy, that delivers state-of-the art commerce and marketplace solutions. We have offices in the UK, Denmark, Spain and the US. e2y is a Dimension Data company.