Who are we?
We’re an inbound marketing, creative design, web development and an Elite HubSpot marketing agency. In fact, out of over 3,000 HubSpot partner agencies in the world, we’re one of the best in the world.
We work in a purpose-built office in the recently-converted, Grade II listed Holmes Mill, Clitheroe. We’re a team of over 40, filled with friendly people who love inbound marketing. To join us, you must be hungry to learn, enjoy working as part of a team, enthusiastic about working with our clients and eager to grow with the business.
What’s the job?
You’ll obviously do a lot of writing - this is the core of the role. A big focus for the role involves writing multiple inbound blogs a day for a range of clients. When you aren’t focusing on blogs, you’ll write other forms of content, such as:
- Long-form content
- Premium content (think along the lines of eBooks, infographics, templates)
- Web copy
- Video scripts
- And a bunch of other exciting content
You’ll do all of this for a wide variety of clients. We have clients who do everything from sell workwear to builders or software to global enterprises. A key skill in this role is being able to quickly learn a complex topic and present an explanation simply to our clients’ readers. Oh, and do it in an entertaining and easy-to-read way.
Other bits of the role include proofreading and improving your fellow content marketer’s work and helping with anything copy-related across the business.
When you’re not busy writing, you’ll also help create strategic content plans, which turn inbound campaigns plans into top-quality content. You’ll be given keywords and ideas from one of our Inbound Strategists and turn these into a content form best suited to each clients’ target persona.
And that’s just the start. At the end of a campaign, you’ll also analyse how well our content has performed when it comes to generating leads. It’s your job to make sure you gather the learnings, share them with the team and continually make improvements so the insights can shape future campaigns.
Who are you?
Above all else, you should just love content. Consuming it and producing it. You should find pleasure in reading a well put together blog post titled How to watch paint dry, if it’s written well enough. And then want to put what you liked into action.
That means you live and breathe content, you’re always looking to learn and you enjoy passing on your knowledge to those around you.
Ideally, you’re used to an agency environment. With so many clients and so many deadlines, a jump straight from university of a slow-paced in-house team can be quite remarkable. We recommend having worked in an agency for at least a year or two.
What’s a must if you have a portfolio of work, can meet frequent copy deadlines and are handy with a CMS like HubSpot or WordPress.
Our content department is close-knit and fine-tuned. If it sounds like something you want to be a part of, send your CV across and some links to your work.
What we offer
- Salary: £17,000-£21,000
- 35.5 Hour Working Week: Our week is much lower than the national average so that you have an extra 234 hours per year for yourself.
- Early Finish Fridays EVERY WEEK: We’ve found that an early finish offers plenty of opportunities to socialise together and get our weekends started early.
- 30 Days Annual leave: 22 days plus bank holidays to start off with - this increases each year for FIVE years.
- An Extra Day’s Paid Holiday per Year: For every year you remain part of our team, you’ll earn an extra day’s annual leave.
- Employee of the Month Awards: Each month, our team votes for two of their peers to win a coveted spin of the prize wheel. Prizes range from £500 cash to an extra day’s holiday or chippy lunch for the rest of the team..
- Weekly Five-A-Side: Each week, two teams from the office compete in a friendly five-a-side football game, paid for by Digital 22.
- Structured Review Process: To make sure you get the opportunity to regularly speak with your manager, get feedback on the work you do, have the support you need and can discuss your career.
- Full Transparency Across the Business: We believe that being open about where the company is heading, what the goals are and how we expect to get there is only fair. We hold quarterly team updates on how the business is doing financially and strategically. The leadership team also have an ‘ask me anything’ mentality.
- Free 'paid for' Car Parking: Nearby car park permit is provided to all staff and this gives free parking across the Ribble Valley, all year round.
- Regular Work Social Events: Digital 22 takes every opportunity to celebrate. If we have a big success with a client, then it’s only right that we mark the occasion together.
- Quarterly Staff Surveys: Every quarter, we ask the team what could be done to make their working experience better. This feedback is then discussed and actioned the following quarter.
- Training Course Attendance: From project management training to Brighton SEO, budget is put aside for each team to invest in training.
- State of the Art Coffee Machine: An agency can't market on cake alone, it needs plenty of coffee too. Our free barista-quality machine does everything from espressos and Americanos to mochas and cappucinos. But if you can taste difference between a cafe au lait and white coffee, you're more of a coffee snob than some of our current lot.
- And We Pay You: Plus, we think it’s only right that year on year, if you’re doing more senior work and have more responsibilities then your salary is adjusted accordingly.
- Access to Educational Materials: Everybody in the team has access to a wealth of professional training materials and certifications to complete online.
- All-Expenses-Paid Visits to Boston for the INBOUND Conference: Every year, we take a group of the team over to the USA for the annual INBOUND conference in Boston.
- Free Food: We think it's vital to start the day properly so free fruit and breakfast items are available for everyone to enjoy.
- Free Booze: But we also enjoy a drink together after work. That's why we have an industrial size fridge stocked up with lagers, craft ales and spirits. Obviously, we also have soft drinks for non-drinkers and those who are driving.
- Cake. Lots of it: Somebody’s birthday? Cake. Visited a client abroad? Cake. We haven’t had cake for a bit? Cake.
- Team ‘Level 10’ Meetings: We follow the EOS business plan and have rolled out the weekly Level 10 meeting structure to the individual teams within Digital 22. These are owned and driven by the team, not the management, and is your chance to talk about and improve your experience at work.
- Table Tennis: Because if a marketing agency doesn't have a table tennis table, can it really call itself a marketing agency?
- Supportive HR Department and Leadership Team: Our HR Coordinator and leadership team are there to offer support and guidance whenever needed.
- Free Pool Table and Games Consoles: Located inside a restored Victorian cotton mill, our office is packed with flexible working spaces, games consoles, a bar and there’s a gym on-site.
- Themed Fun-Days in the Office: We regularly host office games and competitions. Whether it’s a summer of Office Olympics, a pub quiz or the Digital 22 Bake Off, there’s always friendly competition and prizes on offer.