What’s the Job?
Inbound Strategist - a central role of our marketing team! It’s all about coming up with campaign ideas that best help your clients and making sure our in-house specialists turn your ideas into results.
You’ll lead the direction of your client's inbound marketing strategy with your knowledge and experience within marketing using the core inbound channels and techniques (Content, Email, SEO, PPC and Social). This involves overseeing everything from the early ideation and planning, the keyword and persona research, right the way through to ongoing analysis of a campaign's success and improving things wherever possible.
This means our strategist role’s very collaborative, working closely with all internal teams to ensure campaign success and to Delight the Client - one of our core values. You’ll be expected to pull on advice from our specialists to create an effective campaign that’s best suited to your client needs and industry. But you’ll be the main brains behind the operation and accountable for overall success.
Who Are You?
For this role, it’s important that you are passionate about Marketing - especially Inbound Marketing. Although experience with HubSpot is desirable, it’s certainly not essential. We have plenty of internal resources which will help train you up. What is essential is a solid digital marketing background (minimum of 3 years) and experience managing multiple campaigns is certainly a big pro for us!
There are a lot of plates spinning at once so being organised, adaptable and an effective communicator is a must-have for success in this position. As a senior position within the team, you must be hungry to learn, be aware of what’s new in our industry and lead the constant development in our marketing offering.
For all of our roles, we genuinely believe the perfect candidate doesn’t exist - but the perfect-fit person certainly does. If you tick most of the described requirements, are excited by the idea of the role and Digital 22 sounds like a place you’d like to work, we definitely want to hear from you.
What We Offer to Our Team
Digital 22 was started because we were fed up with how things worked in the corporate world. With this in mind, it’s always been important to offer our team the best possible experience whilst at work. Here’s a rundown of some of the highlights:
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000
- 35.5 Hour Working Week: Our week is much lower than the national average so that you have an extra 234 hours per year for yourself.
- Early Finish Fridays EVERY WEEK: We’ve found that an early finish offers plenty of opportunities to socialise together and get our weekends started early.
- 30 Days Annual leave: 22 days plus bank holidays to start off with - this increases each year for FIVE years.
- An Extra Day’s Paid Holiday per Year: For every year you remain part of our team, you’ll earn an extra day’s annual leave.
- Employee of the Month Awards: Each month, our team votes for two of their peers to win a coveted spin of the prize wheel. Prizes range from £500 cash to an extra day’s holiday or chippy lunch for the rest of the team..
- Weekly Five-A-Side: Each week, two teams from the office compete in a friendly five-a-side football game, paid for by Digital 22.
- Structured Review Process: To make sure you get the opportunity to regularly speak with your manager, get feedback on the work you do, have the support you need and can discuss your career.
- Full Transparency Across the Business: We believe that being open about where the company is heading, what the goals are and how we expect to get there is only fair. We hold quarterly team updates on how the business is doing financially and strategically. The leadership team also have an ‘ask me anything’ mentality.
- Free 'paid for' Car Parking: Nearby car park permit is provided to all staff and this gives free parking across the Ribble Valley, all year round.
- Regular Work Social Events: Digital 22 takes every opportunity to celebrate. If we have a big success with a client, then it’s only right that we mark the occasion together.
- Quarterly Staff Surveys: Every quarter, we ask the team what could be done to make their working experience better. This feedback is then discussed and actioned the following quarter.
- Training Course Attendance: From project management training to Brighton SEO, budget is put aside for each team to invest in training.
- State of the Art Coffee Machine: An agency can't market on cake alone, it needs plenty of coffee too. Our free barista-quality machine does everything from espressos and Americanos to mochas and cappucinos. But if you can taste difference between a cafe au lait and white coffee, you're more of a coffee snob than some of our current lot.
- And We Pay You: Plus, we think it’s only right that year on year, if you’re doing more senior work and have more responsibilities then your salary is adjusted accordingly.
- Access to Educational Materials: Everybody in the team has access to a wealth of professional training materials and certifications to complete online.
- All-Expenses-Paid Visits to Boston for the INBOUND Conference: Every year, we take a group of the team over to the USA for the annual INBOUND conference in Boston.
- Free Food: We think it's vital to start the day properly so free fruit and breakfast items are available for everyone to enjoy.
- Free Booze: But we also enjoy a drink together after work. That's why we have an industrial size fridge stocked up with lagers, craft ales and spirits. Obviously, we also have soft drinks for non-drinkers and those who are driving.
- Cake. Lots of it: Somebody’s birthday? Cake. Visited a client abroad? Cake. We haven’t had cake for a bit? Cake.
- Team ‘Level 10’ Meetings: We follow the EOS business plan and have rolled out the weekly Level 10 meeting structure to the individual teams within Digital 22. These are owned and driven by the team, not the management, and is your chance to talk about and improve your experience at work.
- Table Tennis: Because if a marketing agency doesn't have a table tennis table, can it really call itself a marketing agency?
- Supportive HR Department and Leadership Team: Our HR Coordinator and leadership team are there to offer support and guidance whenever needed.
- Free Pool Table and Games Consoles: Located inside a restored Victorian cotton mill, our office is packed with flexible working spaces, games consoles, a bar and there’s a gym on-site.
Themed Fun-Days in the Office: We regularly host office games and competitions. Whether it’s a summer of Office Olympics, a pub quiz or the Digital 22 Bake Off, there’s always friendly competition and prizes on offer.