Who are we?
A lifestyle hotel company dedicated to consistently being best-in-class by delivering personalized experiences based on each guest's distinct needs. Our culture is one of independent and spirited individuals who love what they do and share a desire to create a genuine environment where each person can truly be themselves. It's important to know that we have 10 core values that we live by; we'll expect that you will too.
- Smaller company with ability to take on multiple leads and more responsibilities than a traditional hotel environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. We are an independent lifestyle brand that is constantly evolving. We are openminded individuals who embrace change.
- We are collaborative leaders who take ownership of our departments yet consider the whole hotel in the larger picture.
- We look for strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Trusted with multiple responsibilities across the hotel, rather than sole job title responsibilities.
Job: Assistant Front Desk Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coach, develop, and train your team / Champion our culture and vision.
- Maintain a positive, supportive culture that brings colleague excitement into each day.
- Provide leadership in the building during a variety of shifts including day, nights, holidays and weekends. Hold yourself accountable and lead with integrity by always doing the right thing, even when on no one is looking.
- Collaborate upwards, downwards, and laterally, looking forward and strategically planning the guest experience from beginning to end.
- Treat the colleague experience as you would our guest experience. Set your team up for success and understand how to pivot when plans and circumstances change.
- Continuously consider the bigger picture and understand your impact on the team, the hotel, and the company.
- Roll up your sleeves and be prepared to involve yourself in the day-to-day operation, adjusting your schedule if needed to provide support to all three shifts.
- Multitask the administrative things like billing issues, responding to chargebacks, replying to reviews/inquiries, troubleshoot technical issues, etc. with providing best-in-class service to our colleagues and guests.
Qualifications and Skills
- Passion for hospitality will be apparent, just in speaking with you.
- You have worked in hotels for at least 3 years, and 2 of them have been in a leadership role.
- As a leader at the property, you will be an example of the Vision and Core Values in action.
- Our fast-paced environment requires that you communicate clearly and have a high level of professionalism.
- You’ll have experience in coaching, mentoring, and teambuilding.
- You’ll have in-depth knowledge of the local neighborhood and city.
- You’ll know how to handle funds responsibly and reliably, and you'll be able to use the tools of the trade: computers, databases, and property management systems, and be able to train your team to do the same.
- You’re not afraid of feedback. You know how to accept and give feedback upwards, downwards, and laterally in a professional way.
One more thing - we are an equal opportunity employer:
- We actively respect the right of any qualified individual who performs to our standards to work.
- Discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic not related to performance, ability or attitude protected by state or federal law, is disrespectful, bad business and won’t be tolerated. It’s also illegal.