As the Area Director of Revenue, you'll cultivate and maintain a cohesive and analytical Revenue Management culture, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit that optimizes the revenue potential of the outstanding service, product, and people. You'll attain budgeted room revenue and improve RevPAR penetration at all hotels, attaining at least 100% penetration at each hotel.Some Of Your Responsibilities Include
What You Bring
- Lead analytical efforts as applied to room sales.
- Support yield efforts via analysis and reporting that ensure that all segments and distribution channels are "mined" for revenue opportunities based on budget, forecast, pace, and market demand.
- Improve the potential and ensure proactive and accurate management of all systems; IDeaS, HIS Epitome, and Business Intelligence, NetRez, etc.
- Partner with the sales team, providing analysis, training, and data collection for Sales as needed.
- Provide analytical research documents and reports in support of the annual Rate and Budget processes as well as development of the Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Identify and communicate demand periods (high and low) for which a strategic plan is needed; build the strategic plan in conjunction with area Sales Management.
- Ensure that the necessary reports are maintained and systematically analyzed, including market intelligence reports including but not limited to; RateView, Hotelligence, STAR, DayStar, etc.
- Produce and analyze all reports for weekly strategy/yield meetings. In each hotel's meetings, provide insight and recommendations in terms of pricing, availability, market demand, and promotional opportunities.
- Ensure that each yield strategy is accurately implemented and with a sense of urgency in all distribution channels via IDeaS, NetRez, etc. for all future dates.
- For each hotel, ensure that a daily 120-day forecast by segment is updated and reviewed weekly.
- Build working relationships with 3rd party vendors.
- Work closely with sales and catering on forecasts.
- 6 years of relevant experience in Revenue Management for Hospitality (preferred) or similar industry.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, Master's Degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills as well as an enthusiastic team spirit.
- Incisive analytical skills, as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take initiative and succeed in a high-pressure environment.
- Experienced, insightful, and inventive in the art of yielding a hotel; with a deep understanding of the analytical business review process.
- Expansive knowledge of both transient and group, with a particularly strong emphasis on GDS, CRS, and internet sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an aptitude and desire to learn new technology.