Reports To: Procurement and Logistics Executive Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for effectively planning, organizing, and procuring goods and services that the organization requires. The position is responsible for meeting the needs of the perishable departments by ensuring proper purchasing, rotation, and maintaining inventory of a wide variety of goods to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for gross profit and service levels budgets set forth by the company.
- Identify and analyze purchasing opportunities – new suppliers, new products, and new distribution through liaising with Purchasing Associates and various suppliers.
- Maintaining proper warehouse inventory on hand per company standards.
- Training and developing Purchasing Associates within the department.
- Product selection and ensuring a proper product mix is maintained to maximize sales and profits.
- Overseeing the Purchasing Associates and communicating with Department Managers.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to increase distribution of products in the market.
- Communicate and implement, manufacture product changes, and inform the Store management team as it applies.
- Must keep accurate records and submit reports in a timely manner as required.
- Monitoring turn buying, service levels, and inventory of all assigned departments.
- Review quarterly inventory results performed by external auditing.
- Work with Category Manager as it applies to movement and allocation of shelf products.
- Ability to write weekly and monthly ads for assigned departments to increase sales within department parameters.
- Manage Purchasing Associates in achieving days on hand targets as agreed upon and set out within company policy.
- Participate in recruitment, training, performance appraisal, and employee development according to company policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain strict compliance with company health and safety programs including sanitation, risk management and asset management programs.
- Assist with development, implementation, and updating department standard operating procedures.
- Set and monitor department goals.
- Evaluate market trends and prices of goods and supplies in the market.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office systems and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill level.
- Ability to perform intermediate Math.
Annual Salary Range: $75,000.00 – $82,000.00