About The Job:
The Account Supervisor is responsible for building and maintaining thriving, lasting client relationships based on effectively achieving the client’s marketing objectives and goals while also positively impacting the agency. The Account Supervisor will provide strategic planning, direction, and leadership on all assigned accounts. Also, responsible for making sure that the client perceives that the agency is always providing value-added services proactively and simultaneously motivating the internal team about incoming projects and work.
- Gain a thorough understanding of client business and industries
- Manage account P&L and ensure profitability
- Recognize opportunities to help grow your accounts
- Supervise the administration of the billing process
- Provide accurate and timely preparation of production, media, and other budgets and estimates for approval
- Offer strategic leadership and positioning support to guide projects/campaigns – think beyond the requested project at hand
- Write briefs to inform the team of goals, targets, KPIs, and messaging for all campaigns/projects
- Effectively present the agency’s recommendations and points of view to clients
- Plan effectively to avoid quick turn or crisis situations, but if they develop, report and discuss them with management and other necessary team members
- Provide clients with – unsolicited – team-generated ideas or new opportunities that improve their business
- Maintain a sense of teamwork among agency staff assigned to your accounts
- Delegate without giving up responsibility, control, and authority
- Train and develop personnel as assigned
- Positively and professionally represent the agency in all industries and other functions.
- Be a leader, not a passive employee
- Own AM process and procedures, i.e., maintenance of account files, approval process, status reports, etc.
- An undergraduate degree in marketing/advertising/communications is a plus
- 5+ years of agency experience that provides an understanding of advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, technology, research, agency finance, etc.
- A mix of B2B and B2C knowledge, sustainability, and supply chain experience is a plus
- Financial management
- Interpersonal communication
- Personnel management – instruction/motivation
- Sales and presentation skills
- Verbal and written communications