We connect people and build communities to create economic opportunity for all.
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for enthusiast buyers and sellers. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
Payments is one of the company’s major growth enablers. Putting customers at the heart of everything we do, we connect communities and empower our people to deliver exceptional commerce experiences to drive eBay’s long-term growth and market share
The Payments team at eBay is looking for an experienced Product Lead to help design, build, and deliver innovative solutions for our global customers via eBay’s Payments Platform. As eBay’s marketplace business continues to grow, we are unlocking new experiences and use cases for our customers everyday. In order to enable these experiences and use cases, we need to build a flexible, robust and scalable platform with a customer centric mindset.
This role will be responsible for building this customer centric payments platform that meets growing and evolving global as well as local market needs. The person will work closely with UX research and design leads, functional and regional business leads, and other product leads to identify and build core capabilities while improving utility of capabilities common to multiple products. The ideal candidate will have previously delivered on product strategies that answer the global payment needs of customers around the world, with proven market success. Additionally, s/he would have demonstrated the ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
● Build a compelling, impact driven product strategy and roadmap for the payments platform to enable customer acquisition, engagement and increase retention
● Translate customer requirements into generic platform capabilities that are scalable to multiple payment processors, payment types and models
● Act as voice of customer in platform design sessions and gather direct customer feedback to create frictionless experiences through platform capabilities
● Lead, coach, and grow a team of product managers. Provide guidance and best practices on new approaches to product development and prioritization.
● Collaborate with other product teams to ensure platform capabilities integrate seamlessly into other products
● Build customer-focused framework to measure metrics and success of platform features and functionalities
● Define and execute experimentation, go-to-market and marketing strategies that maximize customer impact and learnings
● Be the product evangelist, and partner closely with UX research/design, business and engineering leaders
● Build strong partnerships across multiple teams and crisply articulate strategies and trade-offs to senior leadership
● Subject matter expertise in products and technologies required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale globally
● Experience with agile development process
● Proven track record to lead and mentor a driven product team in the development and execution of key initiatives. Ability to lead, empower and mentor project team members
● Ability to ask the right questions to formulate product perspective and present requirements
● Ability to balance technical and business acumen; leverage data to validate the strategy and pivot where necessary; communicate impact through both numbers and experience.
● Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks win-win outcomes
● 10+ years of experience building products for global consumers; proven portfolio of products in the market that drive measurable impact.
● Prior Payments/Fintech experience a strong plus
● Engineering/MBA degree preferred
• Ryan Williams will personally read your application.
• If there is a mutual interest, we will reach out to tell you all about the hiring company and answer your questions so you can determine if this is a position you’d like to pursue.
• To follow up on your status, please wait at least 48 business hours, and then email, firstname.lastname@example.org.