Spectrum Nonprofit Services is seeking a full-time Associate.
The Associate will support, coordinate and lead direct client services activities, operations, and initiatives that help us grow our impact into the Great Lakes Region.
The successful candidate will see themselves as a project manager, empowering others to make decisions that strengthens communities. They’ll also see themselves as wanting to support the growth of an organization into other regional markets.
What You Get To Do
- Build this role! It’s what you make of it. Every day is different. What’s the same is your capability, drive, self-starter and accountable nature to make change happen – even if it’s small.
- Wear many “hats” – support direct client service, business development activities, and ensure smooth business operations.
- Help organization’s grow their impact by consulting with stakeholders to analyze qualitative and quantitative surveys results and business insights.
- Support clients by preparing initial drafts of deliverables, and assist in meetings.
- Brainstorm, research, and draft trainings on a variety of topics including organizational strategy, revenue strategy, and nonprofit finance.
- Support the development of new clients by leading the intake process including initial conversations, proposal writing, and onboarding.
- Ensure client satisfaction by supporting the closeout process including administrating client satisfaction surveys, and subsequent outreach.
- Expand Spectrum’s social media footprint by ideating, drafting, and posting social media content.
- Curate and create a regular cadence of blog posts and associated content, plus compile our quarterly newsletter.
- Support monthly invoicing, calculating revenue projections, and maintaining/ordering monthly subscriptions to resources and tools.
- Support Spectrum’s professional image by updating the website when appropriate.
- Evaluate and recommend process improvement. We want to always get better.
What You Can Learn
This role is perfect for an individual with 2-3 years of experience under their belt and looking to grow. To that end, we want to support your growth. This role will help you:
- Discern key strategic challenges of nonprofit organizations
- Analyze program and financial information to develop strategic priorities
- Leverage tools like the Matrix Map, intended impact, impact strategy, etc. to strengthen clients’ ongoing strategic decision-making
- Write client proposals to accurately represent Spectrum’s services
- Identify and describe trends in the nonprofit sector
- Understand and analyze nonprofit financial information
- Create agendas for client meetings and trainings
What We Need
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Manage multiple projects or priorities yet still meet deadlines.
- Operate in a flexible work environment and navigate ambiguity.
- Take initiative to advance projects.
- Value and embrace feedback and integrate it into projects and assignments.
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources to convey ideas.
- Write clearly to enhance communication of ideas.
- Adopt a posture of interest and curiosity about organizational management and nonprofit capacity building.
- Implement technology tools and applications (ie: Basecamp, Wordpress, Microsoft Suite, etc.).
- Leverage previous nonprofit experience to strengthen Spectrum’s practice (preferred).