The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Officer.
The Program Officer will develop, manage and evaluate a portfolio of grants and initiatives that creates a vibrant, economically thriving Milwaukee comprised of welcoming and inclusive communities that provide opportunity, prosperity and a high quality of life for all.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished leader who is eager to share their extensive portfolio of grants (written, reviewed or managed), involvement with social oriented causes and experience working across multi-functional teams.
About the GREATER MILWAUKEE FOUNDATION
For more than a century, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF) has been inspiring philanthropy, serving donors and strengthening communities. Together with its donors and many community partners, the Foundation guides and shares a collective vision that Greater Milwaukee becomes a vibrant, economically thriving region comprised of welcoming and inclusive communities that provide opportunity, prosperity and a high quality of life for all.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Advance the Foundation’s commitment to racial equity and inclusion through priority grantmaking, community engagement and participating on relevant task forces.
- Collaborate with the Community Impact team and investigate, research and inform strategic direction, utilizing convening, advocacy/public policy to advance grant portfolio/focus areas(s) goals.
- Oversee grants and related projects that advance GMF’s work in the respective portfolio/focus area(s).
- Carefully analyze and identify opportunities for GMF to have significant impact in promoting racial equity and inclusion in the grant portfolio, including developing and utilizing strategies for grantmaking focus.
- Partner with Development and Philanthropic Services staff to create and execute opportunities that help expose, educate and engage donors in the Foundation’s strategic priorities; this may include providing information and/or meeting with donors interested in assigned portfolios, as well as collaborating on longer-term volunteer engagement.
- Investigate, evaluate and report on letters of inquiry and full proposals for recommendation to the Community Impact Committee and Board.
- Prepare committee recommendations with the ability to provide rationale and support for grantmaking.
- Conduct site visits to assess progress of grantee organizations and projects, and review and evaluate progress and final reports to assess and document grant impact.
- Represent the Foundation at community meetings and events that align with strategic priorities.
- Serve on interdepartmental cross-functional teams as necessary/assigned.
WHAT WE NEED
We’re seeking candidates with a deep experience working with grants and community connected causes relating to workforce, small business, economic and entrepreneur development, who possess strong organizational and leadership skills, as well as a demonstrated portfolio of work and social impacts.
- With a background and demonstrated experience in workforce, small business, economic, or entrepreneur development?
- Accountable and able to hold others accountable, with love and even when it’s tough?
- Looking for an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the greater Milwaukee community?
- Experienced working with grants, grantees, funders, boards and people that make change happen?
- A communicator with skill? Can you have hard conversations with love, exercise tact, communicate with all levels of an organization (including a board) and know how to inspire others to do meaningful work?
- A doer? Do you get things done? And, can you do it without being told what to do?
- Looking for a leader who believes their role is to support and enable you to do what you do best?
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.