The Production /Packaging Mechanic will be responsible to perform setup, troubleshooting, cleaning, and preventative maintenance activities on all equipment such as labelers, inkjet printers, conveyors, and related support equipment, etc. This role uses skilled trade expertise to maintain equipment, perform change-over activities and identify improvement opportunities to minimize equipment downtime, improve safety, quality, and production efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Good communication skills and ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
• Basic math and measuring skills a must
• Skill to learn and understand dimensions on drawings
• Ability to work with and handle very small parts.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Proficient in the proper and safe use of hand and power tools including but not limited to screwdrivers, wrenches, cordless drill, corded drill, belt sander, etc. as well as precision measuring tools i.e. (scale, tape measure, micrometer, calipers, etc....)
• Proficient or demonstrate potential ability to operate Machine shop mill and lathe.
• Experience in set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting equipment is helpful
• Knowledge of mechanical working principles of equipment, including mechanical assemblies is helpful.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Physically able to bend, stoop, and squat, stand for varying periods of time
• Willing and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a good team player and be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Must have a stable work history with references, or at minimum references of education
related to field (IE, Trade or vocational school, etc...)
• Packaging Equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Stage and relocate machinery for production support and storage.
- Complete mechanical adjustments to configure machine for varying product requirements
- Assist during start-up and testing of a production machine
- Apply the ability to document, compile, and retrieve production data.
- Interpret and follow instructions regarding project specifications and processes.
- Help the Production Manager and Production Leads develop or revise standard operational and working practices.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, to improve quality of product.
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modifications of machines and equipment to improve production and quality of products.
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of hand tools including but not limited to screwdrivers, wrenches cordless drill, corded drill as well as precision measuring tools i.e. (scale, tape measure, micrometer, calipers, etc....)
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of machine tools such as drill press, grinder, band saw, belt sander, or similar.
- Demonstrates the potential or ability to use fabricating and machining equipment at a beginner’s level and the desire to increase his/her skill level in other areas of the business...i.e. (minor Machine Shop tasks, Mill and Lathe operation)
In addition, the following may be required:
- May be required to assist field service personnel in the repair of units.
- Assist the assembly/shop personnel during start-up and testing of a production machine
- Additional duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and or Production team Lead.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Related studies in Engineering, Mechanical and electrical
• Military experience a plus
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance / Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
- Our Talent Acquisitions Manager, Antonio Simmons — not an automated computer program — will personally read your application.
- If there is a mutual interest, we will reach out to tell you all about the hiring company and answer your questions so you can determine if this is a position you’d like to pursue.
- To follow up on your status, please wait at least 48 business hours, and then email, Antonio@7Eagle.com.
- Even though we focus on Veterans, transitioning Service Members, and Military Spouses, this position is open to everyone.