We are seeking a transitioning servicemember for a Business Operations Manager for a large IT company in Alexandria VA | Full Time hybrid position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Business Operations Manager position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and supports the management team. The work location is negotiable with at least three (3) days in the GuROO office in Alexandria, VA and up to two (2) days remote. The typical office hours are 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday with some after hours support.
- Manage corporate calendar. Ensure all upcoming events are communicated ahead of time at weekly planning sessions, executive members are prepared for events, logistics for on-site meetings are confirmed, and necessary approvals and/or visitor access is processed.
- Manage corporate action tracker. Ensure tasks coming due are communicated to the responsible individual(s) to check the action can be completed on time or dates can be adjusted.
- Employee Navigator / HR platform. The business operations manager is the first point of contact for addressing employee questions / actions for Employee Navigator. This extends to new employees and also existing employees. Training on the Employee Navigator site will be provided.
- Employee Timecard Entry. The business operations manager will be the first point of contact for addressing employee questions / actions for timecard entry. Examples include (but not all inclusive) timecard entry, new charge codes, activating charge codes (e.g. jury duty, LWOP, etc.), issues with timecard activation or access, incomplete timecards, failure of daily timecard entry, tracking employees who regularly fail to enter time. Training on the CostPoint program will be provided.
- Social Media Posting. With input from the Team, create social media posts and blogs for the company social media sites.
- Support company operations by executing assignments provided by the executive team.
- Support the HR manager by scheduling interviews and supporting administrative needs.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- High professional initiative and ability to accomplish assignments with minimal oversight
- Innovative mindset – looking on how to improve and grow the company
- Personally highly organized and task accomplishment minded
- Creative and interest in planning / executing corporate functions
- Outgoing and engaging personalility
- Desire to drive professional growth into one of the two career paths (above)
- Some familiarity with information technology (IT) or communications technology
- Our Recruiting Manager, Charles Shelton, will review your application immediately!
- If there is a mutual interest, we will respond within 48-hours to tell you all about the hiring company and answer any questions so you can determine if this is a career you'd like to pursue.
- Feel free to follow-up if you don't hear back within two business days by emailing cshelto@7Eagle.com