Sightline Systems is a technology company located in Fairfax, VA that specializes in performance monitoring and analytics software. We are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and organized JAVA Software Engineer. Our ideal candidate has a passion for software and enjoys solving problems through innovative technology. We'd like to meet you if you have an engineering or technology background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Contribute to all phases of the Agile development lifecycle.
- Work with the Product Management team to clearly understand business requirements and goals.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Write well-designed, unit-tested, efficient code.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating and presenting alternatives and technologies for architectural review.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related degree
- 3+ years of proven software development experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Hands-on experience with C/C++ a plus
- Hands-on experience with various flavors of Linux / Unix.
- Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle), and ORM technologies (e.g., Hibernate)
- Experience with scripting in Windows and Linux
- Other desirable technology experience: EJB, RMI, JMX, Rich Faces, JBoss/WildFly, Jquery, Ajax.
- Subversion experience merging code, and creating branches and tags.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Our Recruiting Manager, Hollie Thomas —not an automated computer program— will personally read your application.
- If there is mutual interest, we will reach out to tell you all about the hiring company and answer your questions so you can determine if this is a position you’d like to pursue.
- To follow up on your status, please wait at least 48 business hours and then email, HT@7Eagle.com.