You’re a highly talented service member who knows all about hard work, resilience and being mission-focused to get the job done successfully.
We offer our employees the opportunity to work on what they want and sharpen their skills while still maintaining a personal life.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Cloud Software Engineer to join our growing team of elite professionals.
We understand how much a military candidate – one who possesses grit, dedication and leadership qualities – can bring to our company.
You will develop your skills with a military-friendly company that truly cares about your career development. We need superstars, so if that’s you, we want to meet you!
Please apply today so we can schedule a quick call to tell you all about this unique opportunity.
Candidates must sit in the Washington DC metro area or within in 90 mins driving time. So that would include Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI FS Poly is required at the time of hire or if the clearance has been inactive for less than 2 years, then we will consider them. They must complete a security verification and their start date would be pending the reactivation of their clearance.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
● Salary is up to $140,000
● Health insurance (medical, dental and vision)
● Paid time off, bonuses, 401K
● The Cloud Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements.
● Directly contributes to all stages of back-end processing, analyzing, and indexing. Provides expertise in Cloud Computing, Hadoop Eco-System including implementing Java applications, Distributed Computing, Information Retrieval (IR), and Object Oriented Design. Works individually or as part of a team.
● Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
● Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
● Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software
● Eight (8) years experience software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or
● Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
● Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar BigData systems may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
● Master in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
● Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1)
year of Cloud experience.
● Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
● Object Oriented Design and Programming, Java, Eclipse or similar development environment, MAVEN, RESTful web services.
● Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas - YARN, J2EE, MapReduce, Zookeeper, HDFS, HBase , JMS, Concurrent Programming, Multi-Node implementation/installation and other applicable technologies.
● Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas - HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
● Ingesting, Parsing and Analysis of Disparate Data-sources and formats: XML, JSON, CSV, Binary Formats, Sequence or Map Files, Avro and related technologies
● Aspect Oriented Design and Development
● Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations
● Catonsville, MD
- Our Recruiting Manager, Jethro Jamero, will review your application immediately!
- If there is a mutual interest, we will respond within 48-hours to tell you all about the hiring company and answer any questions so you can determine if this is a career you'd like to pursue.
- Feel free to follow-up if you don't hear back within two business days by emailing Jethro@7Eagle.com.