Our Company is an IT service provider that supports the federal government, along with several state agencies and municipalities. Our employees are skilled professionals that are integral to the success of our customers’ missions.
- This is a Hybrid schedule. On-site work is performed at a secured contractor facility in the Herndon/ Reston office location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- The Expert Java Engineer will have knowledge of various data access patterns and underlying technology implementations.
- You will properly secure the data from unauthorized access at multiple data access points (e.g. search discovery rules, repository read rules, S3 bucket policies, etc).
- You should also know how to keep distributed data stores in sync and how to detect state drift.
- You should have excellent knowledge of the AWS ecosystem to support both the existing infrastructure (built on EC2 with CloudFormation) and to help us build the next-generation data hub.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, AND;
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 4+ years of Spring Boot (Spring Framework) experience
- Experience with some not all:
- Testing frameworks and tools (e.g. JUnit, AssertJ, Mockito, Spring Runner)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Working within a Linux environment
- Working with a message-driven architecture (e.g. SNS/SQS, Kafka, Kinesis, JMS, etc.)
- Git for source control
- Determining the right tool or technology for the task at hand
- Working in a team environment
- Active SECRET Clearance
STRONGER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience operating Data Lakes or Data Hubs with knowledge on how to optimize storage technology for client access patterns, and how to propagate CRUD operations throughout a distributed stack (including versioning nuances).
- Familiarity with Apache NiFi development and operations
- Experience with AWS OpenSearch/ElasticSearch
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, Lake Formation, EMR, ECS, RDS, Kinesis, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Familiarity with Reactive Programming (e.g. Project Reactor, RxJava)
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker container environment
- Ability to identify external data specifications for common data representations
- Experience building monitoring and alerting mechanisms for data pipelines
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. Terraform, Cloudwatch, Ansible)
- Contributor to an open-source community
- Salary Range: $190K Annual (Negotiable based on Experience)
- We provide a robust benefits package including Tuition Reimbursement, 401K Match, BCBS Health Coverage, and Paid Time Off EVEN YOUR BIRTHDAY!
- Our Recruiting Manager, Brandon Carpenter —not an automated computer program— will personally read your application.
- If there is mutual interest, we will reach out to tell you all about the hiring company and answer your questions so you can determine if this is a position you’d like to pursue.
- To follow up on your status, please wait at least 48 business hours and then email, Brandon@7Eagle.com.
- Even though we focus on Veterans, transitioning Service Members, and Military Spouses, this position is open to everyone.