Growth Design Lead
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Honey. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization.
We are a fully distributed team that is dedicated to creating an environment where you do the best work of your career. With headquarters in San Francisco and team members across the United States, Latin America, and Asia, we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We are looking for an experienced Growth Design Lead, who will be responsible for leading our growing design team, devising UX strategies in line with our clients’ business objectives. This role requires you to be the driving force behind building our design team, unlocking their potential to produce a high-performing, mission-driven, inclusive, harmonious and impactful team as Graphite enters a period of explosive growth.
What you’ll do:
- Graphite’s design thought leader. You will create and maintain Graphite’s design vision and roadmap, building a strategy and process for doing excellent design work across a wide variety clients. This is a strategic role working with our leadership team who are some of the world’s premier experts in growth.
- Build, lead and grow a highly collaborative team of designers (currently 2 strong, soon to be 3+), constantly reviewing, iterating and coaching to create a high performance design culture.
- Be a true design partner to our clients. We work with some of the premier consumer technology companies in the world. You will work with these clients closely to architect the UX that is best for them given their growth, conversion, brand and product goals.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a design lead, UX/UI design or similar role.
- A proven track record of delivering first-class UX designs, from conception through to execution and launch. You have experience of creating world-class digital experiences across a range of devices. Ideally you’ve been embedded in or partnered closely with digital marketing or growth orgs.
- Strong experience with design projects centred around growth marketing objectives including conversion optimization design (email subscription campaigns, blogs, landing pages).
- Executive presence: this is a client facing role in which you’ll need to be a strong communicator and trusted design business partner to our clients.
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
- Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
- Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
- Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
- Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
- Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
- Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.