Washington DC , Full time
Joseph’s House seeks applicants for a FULL-TIME position of a Community Care Aide for the evening for evening shifts 3pm-11pm (Thursday- Monday). The role entails providing care to current and former residents. Over the last 30 years, Joseph’s House has served as a welcoming community for adults of all gender identities experiencing homelessness who are living with HIV or terminal cancer. We offer around-the-clock, comprehensive nursing and support services to our current residents, and nurture a shared community life among staff, volunteers, residents and former residents.
Cultivating trusting relationships with residents and former residents is the foundation for all responsibilities in this position. Within this practice of relationship-centered care, the community care aide serves in the following ways:
* Administer medications, assess vital signs, and monitor input and output
* Assist with activities of daily living (ex. bathing, toileting) for those unable to care for themselves
* Administer bedside care as needed, including wound care and range-of-motion exercises
* Ensure a clean and pleasant environment by performing household tasks (ex. laundry, dishes)
* Prepare meals and assist residents at mealtime
* As needed, accompany residents to medical and social service appointments
* Maintain a culture of safety and a commitment to high-quality care at all times
Joseph’s House is dedicated to eliminating racial inequities and we seek to create a diverse workforce that shares in this commitment to justice. Our organization is also grounded in the traditions of contemplative care, so applicants must have the desire to use mindfulness and awareness to deepen their compassion and understanding. To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that details your interest in our mission and practices. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00- $22.00 per hour
Work Location: One location