Property Vista (PV) is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing Property Management start-ups in North America. We are the #1 Resident Portal Solution in Canada and striving to become the #1 Property Management Software platform globally.
We are a unique company – not a bank, or an insurance company, or a “fancy-pants strategic agency”. We’re a software-as-a-service start up company on a mission to transform how our clients build tenant relationships to increase business value. Here at Property Vista, we tackle everything from payment solutions to a full 360-degrees Property Management focused CRM solution.
It’s time to think differently. It’s time to think beyond the door. Develop your career, get acknowledged for your efforts and work with dedicated people who love what they do in one of Canada’s top startups!
As a Java Developer, you will be working with a team of talented developers to transform our legacy systems and Java applications to the next level. You will be responsible for providing your expertise in the full development lifecycle from the concept through to testing stage.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Improve runtime performance
- Shape next level of scalability to support our user growth
- Evolve and expand both internal and external API development
- Create API test automation
- Identify solutions for seamless integrations with a variety of complex business systems
- Recommend resolutions to any infrastructure problems and evaluate them for fit
- Help with continuous improvement related to tooling, streamlining processes, and working across teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and relevant experience (preferable 5+ years)
- Knowledge of Java web-based application and software design
- Infrastructure as code experience with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or Ansible
- Experience with application monitoring, profiling and performance optimization
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Vert.x, Hazelcast, Atomix, REST, GraphQL, gRPC and distributed frameworks are an asset
- API expertise including security, OAUTH, and SAML
- Work with others to deliver results and contribute in a meaningful way
- Solve complex problems by understanding the root cause and proposing several possible solutions
- Ability to embrace change, handle ambiguity, and willingness to challenge the status quo
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately.