Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency and power density.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, are now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a skilled Quality Control Technologist for an important role within our growing technical team. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this professional will work with members of the engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to deploy automotive principles best practices in Loop’s manufacturing locally and overseas. Besides a strong background in quality management systems, the Quality Control Technologist must have a significant amount of automotive experience and a very strong safety mindset.
This role will involve a significant amount of hands-on work and learning and offers the opportunity to join a fuel cell manufacturer at the beginning of the scale-up process in fast-paced environment with potential growth to different roles.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Follow Loop Energy safety policies and procedures.
- Perform incoming and in-process quality inspections, ensuring parts conform with Loop Energy technical specifications, and drawings.
- Maintain and track calibration of instruments and equipment for quality measurements.
- Complete reports and supporting documentation on incoming inspections.
- Create and document non-conformances, supplier corrective actions reports and resolve concerns with suppliers.
- Work with vendors and Loop Energy cross-functional teams to resolve quality issues.
- Develop systems and procedures to improve Loop quality control function.
- Support new technology projects by providing hands-on support for trials and analysis of quality measures.
- Review and monitor manufacturing/production to ensure adherence to work instructions, procedures, specifications.
- Perform in-process inspection, report deviations/non-conformance in process and/or quality issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Support manufacturing/production by responding to urgent concerns and leading problem-solving activities.
- Resolve quality concerns and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop quality management system key performance indicators (KPIs) and tracking for in-house production.
- Resolve and troubleshoot long term problems using problem-solving methods and hands-on investigations.
- Support for customer 8D requests.
What we are looking for:
- Completed College Diploma (Quality Control Technologist) or Bachelor of Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Mechatronics.
- Demonstrated experience working in the automotive quality field.
- Hands on experience in using dimensioning tools for parts inspection such as tape measures, vernier calipers, micrometers as well on measurement tools calibration programs.
- Hands on skills in 5S, 8D, root cause analysis, problem solving and statistical process control.
- Working experience in a 3D CAD design/analysis software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Excellent written & verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Knowledge in ASME Y14.5 GD&T standard.
- As an asset yet not required - experience working in hydrogen fuel cell industry.
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.