Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, are now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
Our production team is seeking an organized and efficient Assembly Technician to play a vital role in production of Loop's product range.
The ideal candidate for this position is dedicated to safety and quality, and utilizes strong time-management skills in a fast-paced environment.
Your responsibilities will include the assembly of products, operating automated equipment, monitoring performance and developing assembly and test procedures.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications
and work instructions.
- Operate automated equipment in the performance of manufacturing duties, and monitor its
- Reliably operate multiple pieces of equipment during the course of a production line working
- Help develop assembly and test procedures to implement Design-for-Assembly improvements.
- Monitor the functioning of all tools equipment and report any problems to the supervisor.
- Perform final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products.
- Perform installation, repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting products
- Responsible for the use of test and validation equipment and tooling to assess pass/fail criteria
- Pull components from inventory according to company inventory-keeping procedures and
transfer materials to different work stations according to kitting procedures.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures for tools to avoid any breakdowns and failures.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and orderly.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in production manufacturing at an assembly technician level.
- Trades certificate in an applicable field or evidence of pertinent post-secondary education.
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness at expanding your knowledge base in diverse but related
areas (ongoing learning).
- Background in operation of computer-controlled production line equipment.
- Knowledge in mechanical assembly techniques.
- Basic software fluency.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in hydrogen fuel cell operation or design, an asset.
- Experience in automotive industry development programs and prototype development, an asset.
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.