Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help
!We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.We have recently raised 100 million dollars, are now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a skilled and high performing Mechatronics Assembly Technician for an important role within our growing Operations team.
This Mechatronics Assembly Technician will support the delivery of complex mechanical and electrical sub assemblies into our product and end of line electrical tests in a flexible, fast-paced environment. This position reports to a production supervisor in a growing, dynamic production team and will work closely with the manufacturing engineers on product and process improvement activities. Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical sub assemblies and installation into our fuel cell module.
- Testing and installation of the fuel cell module electrical harness including electrical connections.
- End of line QC and safety electrical/ mechanical checks, including but not limited to, IO checks, Isolation Resistance checks and automated leak tests.
- End of line software uploads (ECU and telematics)
- Wire harness trouble shooting where needed – continuity checks using a multimeter and other diagnostic devices.
What we are looking for:
- Able to read complex mechanical drawings and basic electrical schematics.
- Familiar with safe operation of shop-floor equipment
- Knowledgeable in the operation of instrumentation, sensors and other electro-mechanical components and controls.
- Familiar with use of hand tools as well as basic use of electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with consistently changing priorities
- Self-starter capable of working in a pro-active manner with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office products for day-to-day computing
- Experience soldering electrical wires/ assemblies would be an asset
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Loop Energy is an equal opportunity employer.Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.