Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
The finance team is growing and we are excited to hire for an Accounts Payable Specialist. This person is responsible for accounts payable subledger, accounts payable related month-end close activities and other required analysis for accurate and timely accounts payable reporting. Must be proactive, analytical, and detail-oriented, while meeting tight deadlines.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Perform together with the finance team all duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including monthly multi-currency bank and credit card reconciliations and related journal entries
- Complete full cycle A/P
- Matching, batching, coding and entering invoices
- Entering, posting and reconciling batches
- Researching and resolving accounts payable or accounts receivable issues with customers or vendors
- Updating and reconciling sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Maintaining cash applications, account reconciliations, chargebacks
- Ensure compliance with company policies while carrying out daily processes and controls accurately and on time
- Support the Accounting and Finance Department by completing administrative tasks
- Open, organize, and distribute department mail daily
- Manage the process of verifying, logging, and mailing checks, including expediting special handling
- Sort, log, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
- Participate in the rollout of finance projects and initiatives
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and prioritize tasks to ensure that all key deadlines are met
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements in accounts payable reporting and tracking
- Perform other duties as required
What we are looking for:
- Experience and education within finance / accounting that has prepared you for this role
- Knowledge in the manufacturing industry is considered as an asset
- Experience with using Infor or similar modern complex ERP system is considered an asset
- Experience with foreign exchange and multi-currency transactions and accounting is considered an asset
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.