Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a skilled and technically savvy Mechanical Design Engineer/Technician responsible for designing and developing molds, tools, fixtures, and jigs to support prototyping and production activities within the design engineering department.
Reporting to the Stack Development Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer/Technician must be able to understand complex assemblies and components, and to translate these into tools that enable prototyping to be completed on time and on budget. The successful candidate possesses excellent technical skills, sound problem-solving abilities and strong communication skills as well as the ability to work on projects that demand fast prototype/production startups.
The Mechanical Design Engineer/Technician will play a vital role in the designing and managing of the fabrication of components and assembly fixtures required to complete prototype fabrication as well as work with outside vendors to ensure Loop Energy is using state of the art tooling and fixturing designs.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Work closely with the stack development engineers and operations to design the tooling, dies and fixtures for plate and MEA prototype manufacturing
- Utilize CAD software to develop models and drawings, applying advanced GD&T
- Work with the stack development engineers and testing to design test fixtures and hardware
- Collaborate with manufacturing and design personnel in development teams, and evaluate and validate products after design changes
- Collaborate with other departments to provide product recommendations
- Develop innovative solutions for component fabrication and assembly
- Manage outside vendors with on time and on budget delivery of tooling components when required
- Work as part of a fast-paced design engineering team taking part in DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and other risk management events
- Review and critique 2D drawings and develop and manage tooling specifications
- Support all first article inspection requirements for tooling, prototyping, and PPAP events as part of the design lifecycle
What we are looking for:
- Completed bachelor's degree/technical degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-10+ years of relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge working with SolidWorks (or similar software)
- Solid knowledge of GD&T and experience with checking drawings and drawing standards
- Demonstrated background in prototyping of composite components
- Developed experience in composite tooling design and fabrication, manufacturing and fixture design
- Able to keep calm under pressure and communicate clearly
- Able to maintain a safe working environment
- Experience working with outside vendors
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.