Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for a key role within our growing engineering team. Reporting to the Balance of Plant Team Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will bring the ability to combine learned engineering design knowledge with new concepts, from an open-minded perspective to make the best decisions towards project success.
The successful candidate will bring a strong understanding of engineering design principles, possess advanced technical abilities, have solid problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with the various teams at Loop Energy.
As part of the Loop Engineering team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will develop fuel cell balance of plant systems and components with respect to manufacturability, reliability, safety, serviceability, and cost, while transitioning from single/low volume production to medium/high volume production in a fast-paced innovative environment.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Mechanical design and documentation of fuel cell engine components and enclosures, with a focus on design for manufacturing and assembly in medium to high production volumes
- Design interfaces and balance of plant component layouts for fuel cell engines based on system architecture requirements
- Select and design components based on materials, fuel cell & functional requirements, manufacturing process, cost targets, productions volumes and timelines
- Work with global suppliers to validate capabilities, manufacturing processes and achievement of cost/timeline targets
- Engage with quality department for first article evaluations and investigate supplier quality issues.
- Support manufacturing & customers by investigating assembly issues, component non-compliance and component field failures.
- Create and review 3D models, drawings, bills of material, specifications, FMEA’s, changes orders, and other related engineering documentation.
- Plan, estimate effort and execute product development projects.
- Travel to supplier or customer sites may be required, both national and international travel
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science, preferably in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Proven industry experience transferring prototype into production parts
- Strong engineering principles, particularly in manufacturing methods and materials
- Strong solid modeling CAD and PDM software experience (i.e., SolidWorks)
- Experience with GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Experience with minimum constraint design for molded plastic, cast, sheet metal, and machined parts in medium to high volume production
- Experience in supplier selection and management
- Familiar with relevant codes and standards related to automotive components, industrial components and fuel cells
- Proficiency in MS Office is required
- As asset yet not required - automotive component design experience
- An asset yet not required - experience working with fuel cell and BOP design
- As asset yet not required - experience working with FMEA, EA, FTA, 8D, and 5 Whys
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.