Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a proven IT professional to sustain a responsive, efficient, flexible organization while ensuring reliable and secure system operations through professional, customer-first relationship to end-users. This is a key position that manages all of Loop Energy’s information technology, both existing IT infrastructure and onboarding new assets.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Manage corporate IT hard assets such as servers, workstations, printers as well as soft assets such
as system logins and software in all facilities and countries that Loop operates.
- Continually assess the hardware and network needs of the team, to enable ongoing optimal
performance based on software needs (SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab, etc.)
- Works with Director of Financial Reporting to ensure compliance around Internal Controls and
- Maintenance and on-going administration of ERP and PDM systems, such as setting
up workflows, property mapping and ensuring smooth upgrades and backup of SQL database
- Administration and immediate technical support for SolidWorks (or other 3D CAD system),
including creation of admin image of installations with optimal settings, maintenance of
templates and design libraries and guidelines, liaison between reseller support and upgrades
- Administration of simulation software, like Ansys, including upgrades
- Lead helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications and workstations are working
as needed Ensuring any new employees are well-equipped and trained upon onboarding, with
standardized setups of hardware and software, and setup of permissions on shared locations
- Ensuring the security of network and any devices connecting to network and data servers,
including VPN, shared but specific access to joint venture, with active monitoring and ongoing
backups and any intrusion protection or antivirus/antimalware software, and policies for access
via inadvertent means (USB drives, external hard drives, etc)
- Maintaining inventory of devices and infrastructure, and making sure they are up to date as to
the needs of the users and resources like meeting rooms
- Monitor and maintains system backups, protection, and recovery in support of business
- Provide a consistent experience with onboarding protocols on tools to be used, such as
SharePoint, local file network, OneDrive, PDM, ERP, etc.
What we are looking for:
- 5 + years experience with systems administration in an enterprise or engineering company
required, including managing a CAD system
- Experience with implementing a lean approach to information technology
- Experience in setting up CloudSuite Industrial ERP systems with integration into other systems like Solidworks PDM Pro and CadLink, and
maintaining and on-going administration of ERP and PDM modules
- Experience setting up and maintaining a secure network environment for both local and remote
corporate users and customers
- Experience leading a team of IT specialists to execute to an exceptional standard
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Utilize your technology background to shape the strategy
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.