Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a skilled Quality Engineering Specialist for an important role within our growing technical team. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineering Specialist will bring a background in related automotive and engineering work to help deploy automotive principles and best practices in Loop's manufacturing both locally and overseas. The successful candidate will bring a proven background in quality management systems, a strong safety mindset, solid organizational and communication abilities, and the ability to work independently as well as with members of the engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing team.
The Quality Engineering Specialist will resolve quality concerns and drive continuous improvement to help at the beginning of Loop Energy's scale-up process in a fast-paced environment with potential future growth into different roles and responsibilities.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Demonstrated experience with calipers, micrometers, height gauges, granite tables, roughness meters and other QC tools
- Perform incoming and in-process inspections, ensuring parts conform with Loop Energy's technical specifications and drawings
- Maintain and track calibration of instruments and equipment for quality measurements
- Complete reports and supporting documentation on incoming inspections
- Create and document non-conformances, supplier corrective actions reports and resolve concerns with suppliers
- Work with vendors and Loop Energy cross-functional teams to resolve quality issues
- Develop systems and procedures to improve Loop quality control functions
- Support new technology projects by providing hands-on support for trials and analysis of quality measures
- Review and monitor manufacturing/production to ensure adherence to work instructions, procedures and specifications
- Perform in-process inspection, report deviations/non-conformance in process and/or quality issues and drive continuous improvement
- Support manufacturing/production by responding to urgent concerns and leading problem-solving activities
- Develop quality management system key performance indicators (KPIs) and tracking for in-house production
- Resolve and troubleshoot long-term problems using problem-solving methods and hands-on investigations
- Support customer 8D requests
- Provide assistance for internal and external audits with documentation related to inspections; support the implementation and revisions of quality documents
- Support Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages and participate in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) development
- Perform and analyze capability/reliability studies (as required)
- Follow Loop Energy's safety policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
- Completed College Diploma (Quality Control Technologist) or Bachelor of Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Demonstrated experience working in the automotive quality field
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management systems, as well with complex bill of materials
- Working experience in a 3D CAD design/analysis software (i.e., SolidWorks, AutoCAD) as well as working with Minitab (or similar statistical software)
- Knowledge in ASME Y14.5 GD&T standard
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949 implementation/standards or relevant experience working in a quality control environment
- Experience in root cause analysis and process improvement techniques (8D, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as technical documentation skills
- Experience delivering technical presentations and leading technical meetings
- Able to travel both nationally/internationally (as required)
- As an asset yet not required - experience working in hydrogen fuel cell industry
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.