Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a high performing Integration Engineer for a important role within our growing technical integration team. Reporting to the Director, Operations, the Integration Engineer thrives on seeing results from integrating complicated systems into electrified mobility solutions, and is energetic, passionate, and driven towards on-the-road fuel cell solutions.
The ideal candidate will bring a background in related engineering work as well as the ability to process and understand telematic datasets and schematics, proven customer relationship skills, solid organizational and communication abilities, and ability to work independently as well as within the Operations team.
The Integration Engineer will play a vital role in the integration of the Loop range extender fuel cell engineer into prototype and early production customer applications.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Lead the integration of Loop's fuel cell engine in a variety of different prototype vehicle applications
- Lead the continued development and integration of ancillary electrical and mechanical support systems on the vehicle chassis, such as cooling, export power, etc.
- Create and troubleshoot engine control logic and CAN bus communication protocol
- Oversee all electrical device operations and safeguarding
- Hands-on troubleshooting of electrical control systems and use of electronic diagnostic equipment
- Assist with development of vehicle integrations plans and resource allocation
- Assist customer with vehicle electrical interface development during the design phase through to aftersales support and monitoring via telematics data
- Maintain and revise existing technical document base
- Provide technical expertise to the Product Development team to implement physical and operational improvements for field-deployed units as well as upcoming designs
- Assist the integration team with hands-on prototype development and installations
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in related engineering work, including some experience in EV power management components and software, controls software and CAN bus
- Experience in Batteries and Generators, in the areas of Electric Power Management Components, DC/DC Converters, DC/AC Inverters, and the associated technical procedures and processes
- Knowledge of power electronic design and integration, control systems hardware and software design
- Working knowledge of the specs, selection and integration of various EV-specific electrical devices, including high voltage batteries, DC/DC converters, HV contractor operation and HV electrical wiring practices
- Ability to read schematics and process and understand telematic datasets
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness to expand knowledge base in diverse but related areas
- Able to keep calm under pressure and communicate clearly in challenging fast-paced project scenarios
- As an asset yet not required - experience in hydrogen fuel cells operations/design or automotive industry development/prototype programs
- As an asset yet not required - experience in-field supervisory capability and product lifecycle management skills
- On site visits to customer with hands-on work to prototype vehicles
- Lifting and moving electrical components up to 25 kg
- Frequent travel is required
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.