Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a high performing Mechanical Assembly Technician to support the activities of our prototyping department, support field operations as well as support the assembly and integration of Loop's fuel cell engine and associated systems in a variety of different applications.
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, the Mechanical Assembly Technician will be energetic, passionate and driven towards the satisfaction that comes from seeing another application successfully deployed. The ideal candidate will bring a strong background in technical assembly, proven time management skills, solid organizational and communication abilities, and ability to work independently as well as within the Operations team.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will play a vital role in the assembly and integration of the Loop range extender fuel cell engine and associated systems into vehicle and stationary applications.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Plan, prepare, fabrication and assemble mechanical, piping and tubing systems
- Support the Integration, Engineering and Manufacturing teams during the mechanical assembly of turn-key systems
- Lead the fabrication and fitment of electronics and mechanical systems during the build process, from start to finish
- Support the fabrication and installation of electronic components and wiring harnesses
- Knowledge of closed-loop control operating theory, using the ability to troubleshoot
- Able to read complex mechanical assembly drawings, 3D models and basic electrical schematics
- Familiar with safe operations of shop-floor equipment; can operate equipment without supervision
- Knowledge in the operation of instrumentation, sensors and other electro-mechanical components and controls
- Familiar with use of hand tools as well as basic use of electronic diagnostic equipment
- Able to assist the integration and field service team with hands-on prototype assembly and installations, on-site in the field
- Responsible for safe work practices for in-house system assembly as well as in the field
What we are looking for:
- Experience in technical assembly and a mix of electrical and mechanical project background
- Completed diploma/certification in either electrical or mechanical trades, such as industrial instrumentation, process controls, industrial fitter, fabricator or similar
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness to expand knowledge base in diverse but related areas
- Able to keep calm under pressure and communicate clearly in challenging fast-paced project scenarios
- Experience with on-site visits and installations to customers in the field
- As an asset yet not required - experience in hydrogen fuel cells operations/design and/or knowledge of high voltage power electronics
- Hands-on work on shop floor during system assembly
- Lifting and moving electrical components up to 25 kg
- Outdoor exposure
- Frequent travel is required
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.