Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a high performing Assembly Technician that thrives in producing excellent results in a high-tech manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assembly Technician will take pride in their work and will be committed to safety and quality.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong background in mechanical assembly, proven time management skills, solid organizational and communication abilities, and ability to work independently as well as within the Production team.
The Assembly Technician will play a vital role in the production of Loop's entire production range.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities include:
- Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and work instructions
- Help develop assembly and test procedures to implement Design-for-Assembly improvements
- Monitor the functioning of all tools equipment and report any problems to the supervisor/team lead
- Perform cleaning of all parts as per established cleaning procedures
- Perform final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products
- Perform installation, repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting products
- Responsible for the use of test and validation equipment and tooling to assess pass/fail criteria for product
- Pull components from inventory according to company inventory-keeping procedures and transfer materials to different work stations according to kitting procedures
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures for tools to avoid any breakdowns and failures
- Maintain work area, making sure the area is clean, safe and orderly
What we are looking for:
- Comprehensive experience in production manufacturing at an assembly technician level
- Previous experience working in a production environment
- Education that aligns with this position, i.e., relevant post-secondary training and/or certificates
- Experience with MS Office and familiar with most manufacturing/production tools
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness to expand knowledge base in diverse but related areas
- Able to keep calm under pressure in challenging fast-paced project scenarios
- As an asset yet not required - experience in hydrogen fuel cells operations/design or automotive industry development programs
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical assembly may be required
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- May spend up to 75% of the day standing, walking
- Work will be 100% indoors
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive hourly wage and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.