Property Vista (PV) is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing Property Management start-ups in North America. We are the #1 Resident Portal Solution in Canada and striving to become the #1 Property Management Software platform globally.
We are a unique company – not a bank, or an insurance company, or a “fancy-pants strategic agency”. We’re a software-as-a-service start up company on a mission to transform how our clients build tenant relationships to increase business value. Here at Property Vista, we tackle everything from payment solutions to a full 360-degrees Property Management focused CRM solution.
It’s time to think differently. It’s time to think beyond the door. Develop your career, get acknowledged for your efforts and work with dedicated people who love what they do in one of Canada’s top startups!
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Engineering, the Senior DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate the Property Vista systems. The Senior DevOps Engineer will help automate and streamline our operations, processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives on leading DevOps projects involving technical discussions, implementing continual improvements and improving overall effectiveness, performance and efficiency.
This is an excellent opportunity:
- to identify and optimize the interdependencies between application development and infrastructure operations through a collaborative approach
- to lead continuous service improvement efforts and streamline operations and processes
- to lead a highly-engaged team of DevOps & database administrators that are excited about the company’s future
- to direct and have a significant impact, building off of our success to date, while directly impacting the company’s future
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Property Vista’s cloud initiative by designing, building and migrating workloads from our current monolith structure to microservice architecture on Elastic Kubernetes Service in Amazon Web Services
- Deploy current environment while working together with the Engineering team to work towards developing and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines by deploying fixes/features to dev, test, staging and production environments
- Implement and monitor Amazon CloudWatch and Datadog metrics to provide continuous monitoring capabilities, track all aspects of the system, infrastructure, performance, application errors, and roll up metrics.
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on how to streamline or improve our systems
- Manage and facilitate security protocols as outlined via best practices to ensure compliance such as (but not limited to) SOC2 and PCI compliance are maintained at all times
- Monitors and tunes the performance of the infrastructure Identify and correct bottlenecks in the system while working with development teams on optimizations and best-practices
- Be part of the “on-call” emergency schedule to ensure the system is maintained 24/7, 365 days a year
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Deep knowledge/experience in build Microservices / Serverless architectures
- 6+ years of combined experience in Software Development, DevOps, and SRE
- Proven experience with cloud architecture and deploying infrastructure in a cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services with expertise on core concepts: EKS, Docker, RDS, S3, Lambda, IAM, VPC, Security Groups, Routing, Application Load Balancer
- 2+ years of experience working with Docker Containers
- 1+ years of Kubernetes experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Infrastructure-as-code (terraform, cloud formation, ansible)
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages (bash and python)
- 5+ years of experiencing running and maintaining production applications in the cloud
- Advanced Windows and Linux experience related to administration, security, configuration, and monitoring.
- AWS Solution Architect (Professional) Certification is considered an asset
- Experience setting up and configuring application CI/CD tools like GitHub Actions, Bamboo, New Relic, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with log management systems like Kibana, Logstash
- Experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as network, monitoring, systems, databases, etc.
Please apply ASAP as we are interviewing soon!