Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
We are seeking a CPA with experience with a proven auditing background and want to join a growing Canadian company that is making a difference. You are excited to take that auditing background and help structure this world inside of Loop. Having both raised 100 million and gone public, you can imagine there is a lot to do we need your help!
This position is a great opportunity to define, shape and mold your role, while knowing you’re playing a part in creating a sustainable future.
As the ideal candidate, you bring audit experience, exposure and/or interest in TSX reporting, and ability to be part of quarterly and year end reporting.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities will be:
- Planning and executing financial audits, as well as leveraging strategic thinking to identify key process control gaps and recommending process and control improvements, executing testing of internal controls over financial reporting to support CEO/CFO certifications, discussing and following up on audit findings, and preparing annual audit plans.
- Conduct special investigations as requested by Senior Management or the Audit Committee, where fraud or other improprieties are suspected and prepare reports of findings.
- Collaborate with business leaders in identifying action plans to enhance processes.
- Identify new ways in driving change to better improve efficiencies.
- Ability to translate and summarize technical audit issues for a non-technical audience.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidations and variance analysis reports
- Prepare annual and interim financial statements as required by the TSX, and supporting working papers or schedules for the external auditors
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required by management
- Work cohesively with the team and assist team members as needed
What we are looking for:
- Proven auditing background and confidence in creating and adjusting as time passes
- University business degree and CPA designation with public practice training
- As an asset - exposure to TSX reporting
- Exposure to business processes, accounting systems and internal and external reporting preferred
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Heath Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.