BLIP is hiring a Delivery Manager
About Blip: To work in a company that is part of the Paddy Power Betfair Group is to work in one of the largest and fastest-growing online betting and gaming operators in the world! You'll experience different, because Blip is a place where tenacious, adaptable and quick thinkers thrive and only the best manage to get a position. You'll be working in a truly continuous delivery environment that includes: Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing.
The Delivery Manager is accountable for a Software Engineering delivery team and its software delivery. You will passionately lead a team of 5 software engineers and 1 QA engineer to deliver amazing value to their customers. Using lean and agile methodologies, you will be responsible for the pace, scale, and performance of your team delivery. Having a technical background, with experience in all aspects of software delivery processes, from inception to release, will set you up for success.
As a Delivery Manager at Blip, you will:
- Lead, inspire, motivate and line manage a multi-disciplinary software development team;
- Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring effective performance management;
- Lead a ‘delivery with a high-quality culture that is results-oriented and takes accountability;
- Responsible for achieving and sustaining people's engagement;
- Meet ambitious timelines while balancing business risks and trade-offs;
- Drive the team to continuously improve processes in an always changing environment;
- Maximize employee retention through motivation and strong management;
- At least 5 years of proven track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams on complex software projects;
- Using agile methods for software delivery;
- Working with distributed, redundant, and transactional systems and the quality assurance of these;
- Managing the development of a team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each team member's defined career path, as much as possible;
- Using defect tracking systems;
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues, and constraints;
- Strong leader and energetic motivator;
- Work well under time and environmental pressures;
- Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example, showing work ethic and passionate, professional attitude;
- Proven track of project management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Portuguese);
- Team player, who strives to maximize team performance;
- BSc or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable.
The funny bit:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Games room.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Sharesave scheme.
- Career progression.
- Global mobility.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- In-office shower and locker rooms.
- Health and well-being classes (Yoga, Bootcamp, etc.).
- Free breakfast.
- In-office masseuse, nutritionist, and ergonomist.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇