MotorK is hiring a Team Leader (PHP)
MotorK is a leading sales and marketing technology company in Europe specialised in the automotive sector. The company was founded in 2010 in Italy by three serial entrepreneurs who are still managing the company today. To date, the Company has subsidiaries in the UK, France, Spain and Germany.
What's the role about
They are looking for passionate and business oriented Team Leader, willing to help them raise their bar; code lovers who are experienced enough to know that for any given technical solution the execution is a key factor for success.
They are constantly striving to be data driven. That means they measure everything that gives them insights they can use to continuously improve. They do that in a Lean way, using Kanban to represent their workflow while they're using Scrum as an agile framework.
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies, such as XP/Scrum and Lean practices such Kanban/Kaizen.
- Experienced in working in an environment that promotes a DevOps mindset, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Examples of both inheriting and building software engineering teams, and growing and optimising them.
- Extensive expertise of OOP in a PHP environment.
- Experience with Laravel, Docker and Wordpress Bedrock are nice to have.
- Clear understanding of fundamental computer science and software engineering concepts (e.g. design patterns).
- Experience with third-parties systems integration and asynchronous jobs.
- Knowledge of unit and functional testing and experience with TDD (Jest and PHPUnit).
- Familiar with continuous delivery and with the principles of “you build it, you run it”.
- Good spoken and written level of English is a must.
What you will do
- Lead a scrum team of 3-4 engineers, supporting them in the delivery of custom solutions for their customers.
- Liaise with architects and other senior engineers in order to remove the blockers limiting their capacity of getting things done.
- Collaborate with POs and other devs to deliver value incrementally but constantly.
- Understand their business needs to make sure you’re addressing them properly.
- Advocate best practices and value driven mindset among engineers and product managers.
- Liaise with the QA Engineers to test the user stories.
- Help improving their way of working based on continuous improvement.
- Speak and write in terms that non-technical people understand. Clear communication is super important in our environment.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇