Hitachi Vantara is hiring a Senior .NET Developer to join their amazing team
About the company: Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides their customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, they apply their unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their clients' data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
They have an opportunity for a Senior .NET Developer to join their Technology Solutions practice, as part of their Nearshore Delivery Centre in Lisbon. They work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of an Agile project delivery team, with the latest technologies, on high-profile client engagements helping to deliver and maintain complex solutions.
As a Senior .NET Developer at Hitachi Vantara you will:
- Working as part of a project team to design, develop and implement solutions using enterprise Microsoft technologies with .NET at the core.
- Helping to develop internal propositions, methods, patterns and practices including proof-of-concept, prototype and demonstration systems.
- Occasional presales support including the analysis of customer requirements, establishing a baseline solution, development and presentation of proposals.
- Problem solving skills including of data structures and algorithms.
- 5+ years of full life-cycle project experience
- Core implementation skills in the Microsoft development toolset, skilled in:
- ASP.NET MVC
- .NET 3.x &4.x / .NET Core,
- Docker experience would benefit
- K8 experience would benefit
- GCP cloud experience would benefit
- HTML 5,
- IoC/DI patterns,
- Best practices: SOLID, DRY/DAMP
- WebAPI (or web services),
- Unit Testing / TDD
- Worked with major RDBMS systems such as MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Hands on experience of cloud based development (Azure, AppFabric, WebAPI, Azure storage, queues and caching technologies)
- Exposure to integration technologies
- Strong understanding of Network protocols (IP) and Microsoft operating systems
- Degree level educated with an up to date MCSD.NET or equivalent
- A passion for technology and a wish to improve and innovate using the latest technologies
- Good communication & presentation skills
Research tells that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don’t meet all of the set criteria. They strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
They are proud to say they are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, their culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa – Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto – Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin – Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇