Join SKY as a QA Automation Tester and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure their technology delivers the best experience for the customers.
Sky is one of the biggest players in the entertainment world, with distributed teams and the responsibility for great breakthroughs in the streaming industry. One of their products, Peacock, was launched in June 2020 and it is already one of the top 5 most used platforms, having around 40M users only in the US!
Their team in Lisbon consists of over 300 highly skilled Software Developers and Software Engineers who provide a high level of technical expertise to their colleagues in the UK and US.
Sky is looking for flexible people, open to exploring different programming languages, and motivated to learn and grow. The culture is based on this motto: “If you build it, you own it, you support it!” Can you see yourself in this motto?
Get to know more about their projects:
Everything the teams need to ensure quality-focused work! How cool is that?
What you'll be doing:
- Help to define and manage testing processes;
- Participate in the team's agile planning & delivery process;
- Report and triage detailed bug reports;
- Technical root cause analysis of defects;
- Responsible for ensuring features meet specified requirements;
- Definition of test plans, test scripts, test data requirements, etc;
- Planning test environments and automation strategies;
- Preparation of automation frameworks and test runs for API backends;
- Preparation of automation frameworks and test runs for frontend clients;
- Preparation of builds and deployments;
- Work closely with DevOps;
- Support production deployments.
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in test automation;
- Experience with CI process and tools (Jenkins, etc.);
- Passionate about development and testing;
- Knowledge of networking and HTTP Protocol;
- Ability to track down the root cause of a defect using debugging tools;
- Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn;
- Creative thinking, analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Very well organized and methodical;
- Strong spoken English skills.
Additional desirable experience:
- Experience with OTT video streaming and/or testing TV devices.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us!