About Mercedes-Benz.io: Their mission is to create digital experiences to shape the way for the future of Mercedes-Benz and a new world of mobility.
They don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io they walk the talk and make things happen. They do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for their customers. That’s not their job; it’s their passion. Therefore, they love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz and themselves. They share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why they hire unique people.
In this role you will:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, refinement, and end of life (sundown).
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response (50% max of incident capacity)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation related with disaster recovery scenarios
- Responsible for the postmortems process
To succeed you need:
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in at least one JVM based language: Java, Kotlin, Scala, Clojure, etc
There will be big smiles if you:
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
You will be happy with:
- Open source software;
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization;
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you;
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz;
- IPhone,MacBook Pro or Dell (your choice) and noise-cancelling headphones;
- Health insurance for you and your family;
- Life insurance;
- Proactive self-development in international Trainings and Conferences;
- Language Training courses;
- Feel good actions (massages, nutrition sessions, happy hour and more);
- Brand Connection Perks (Test Drives, Renting Programs and more);
- Much more cool stuff …
What you'll need to know about them:
- Mercedes-Benz.io develops software and technology for the digital platforms of Mercedes-Benz. They are focused on creating digital experiences for the future of Mercedes-Benz mobility worldwide, developing products for Sales & Marketing.
- Their main products are the Mercedes-Benz Website worldwide, the e-commerce platform, digital services and aftersales solutions.
- They work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. The setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
Don't be shy! Apply here 👇