BJSS is an innovative tech consultancy - a team of problem solvers!
Since 1993 they have been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
They bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for their people.
Their clients tell them that their people are the best they’ve worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the BJSS Software Engineering team, you’ll develop all these skills, and hone them delivering real engagements for a variety of clients.
About the role
They love to experiment with the latest tools, technologies and techniques to improve how we deliver our solutions and as a software engineer we will look to you to possess:
- Commercial experience of software development in Python;
- Strong Object Oriented skills (e.g. from C#, C++, Java or similar);
- Good database knowledge of SQL, NoSQL or PostgreSQL;
- Strong practice of Unit test frameworks;
- Strong practice of TDD development principles and continuous integration
- Exposure to Nginx, Redis, Elastic Search or RabbitMQ would be really beneficial;
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools (Jenkins, Ansible) and scripting;
- Use of source code version control – Git, Subversion or Mercurial.
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building complex software solutions;
- You want to work across a range of tech environments. Your priorities will be building new systems and improving stability, security and efficiency;
- You're keen to learn new technologies and language;
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment with a good working knowledge in areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and architecture;
- You have a good understanding of computing fundamentals (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, networks stack) along with strong software design skills, including OO, and knowledge of version control systems such as Git;
- You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge.
If this sounds just about right, apply and we’ll get in touch.