- Manage the overall process of AML, KYC monitoring, fraud detection and risk management controls.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk-based KYC/AML policies and procedures.
- Setup and oversee the transaction monitoring to fulfill end to end reporting obligations.
- Conduct review on alerts generated for transaction monitoring or screening alerts in Sanctions, Adverse Media and Politically Exposed Persons.
- Work with the Product, Enginering and Data teams to constantly improve and evolve our systems, for example refining the transaction monitoring and AML rules to reduce false positives and catch more suspicious activities.
- Review suspicious account activities, analyze trends, and take measures to deter fraud.
- Experience in regulatory reporting of suspicious and fraudulent activities.
- Build and lead a team as per business need.
- Research emerging underwriting and fraud trends to innovate on decisioning systems and policies.
- Evaluating and where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous financial crime standards, whilst increasing efficiency where possible.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Finance, or Legal or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in regulatory compliance with a specialization in KYC/AML and transaction monitoring.
- Expertise in regulatory guidelines around AML and KYC rules in India and regulatory reporting.
- Experience on building automated systems for transaction monitoring and fraud detection.
- Experience working with third-party data sources KYC providers etc.
- Strong compliance instincts and risk mitigation mindset.
- Passionate about fighting financial crime with great knowledge of financial crime risks.
- Highly data driven, comfortable in setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- Strong attention to detail and communication (written and verbal), time management, analytical, and investigative skills.