Bengaluru, Full time
Who We are and our Vision
CoinSwitch is the fastest growing Fintech company in India with a user base of 10M+, in just 15 months and growing every second.
Currently we make buying and selling crypto as simple as online shopping - but at CoinSwitch we are not only building a unique product, we are defining an industry.
Everyday we work on industry first problems with the resolve to bring out the best and most simple solutions for our users. Majority of these users are investing for the first time in their lives - not just in crypto but in any asset class.
Their trust is what humbles us and drives us to do better. As we go on, we would not only double down on making crypto accessible for everyone, but we’ll also grow with our users and be a one stop shop for all their investment needs.
So if you are someone who thrives on problem solving, takes ownership, bleeds for your users and is excited about the mission of ‘Making money equal for all’ ; we are waiting for you!
Some interesting stats about us -
- 4 million + Monthly active users
- Monthly GMV of USD 1 Billion+ in trades
- 60% users are from T2 and T3 cities - we are building for complete India
- An average of 10+ experiments live at any point
- 13.5 min is the avg engagement time of a user/day …. Curious? Let’s chat
BTW we just added 200 users while you were reading this :)
- Customer First Approach
- We take ownership
- Disagree & commit
- Everyday is DAY 1
- Think Big & Fail Fast
- Data-driven decision making
About The Role
CoinSwitch Kuber is a leading crypto currency exchange of India. We are looking for a Director of Compliance who will be responsible for leading the compliance function. The Director of Compliance will be responsible for design and implementation of AML, KYC and other compliance processes, compliance risk assessment, regulatory engagement, compliance monitoring and testing, and third party requests.
- Design and implementation of AML, KYC and other compliance processes according to laws and regulations in India.
- Oversee the maintenance of the AML policies, procedures, processes and systems in light of changing threat and/or regulatory landscapes, as applicable.
- Manage the customer profiling and transaction monitoring processes.
- Manage and advise on our AML reporting initiatives, including timely reporting, development of key risk and performance metrics, and coordination with relevant stakeholders as necessary.
- Manage and conduct the regulatory examinations and third party reviews including ensuring timely remediation of any resulting findings.
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Data teams to constantly improve and evolve our compliance systems.
- Research emerging underwriting and fraud trends to innovate on decisioning systems and policies.
- Evaluating and where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous AML, fraud detection and financial crime standards, whilst increasing efficiency where possible.
- Lead Compliance team and line management of team members.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Finance, or Legal or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in regulatory compliance and design and implementation of core compliance processes in context to India.
- Expertise in regulatory guidelines around AML and KYC rules in India and regulatory reporting.
- Experience working with third-party data sources KYC providers etc.
- Strong compliance instincts and risk mitigation mindset.
- Highly data driven, comfortable in setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- Strong attention to detail and communication (written and verbal), time management, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Experience in building, scaling and managing compliance teams.