Associate Product Manager: Shaping the future of video
What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Since 2016 we’ve attracted nearly 8 million registered users globally and counting, and that’s only the beginning!
We’re transforming the way people create and we’re looking for an Associate PM to represent the voice of the customer as we work towards launching the Clipchamp iOS app. The ideal candidate is excited about building a career in product, informing product decisions, and working collaboratively with talented designers and engineers as you participate in customer interviews and help document findings to guide QA testers.
As an Associate Product Manager, you’ll be:
- Maintaining and adding to a competitive intelligence database
- Documenting stories and acceptance criteria for new product build
- Backlog grooming of new feature requirements, bug fixes etc. in preparation for sprints
- Confirming understanding and agreement on the product documentation and facilitating the solution exploration process
- Conducting final acceptance testing of new features before they are released to production
- Writing public facing copy to document and promote new features
- Ensuring related activities take place for feature releases (e.g. updates to support documentation, notices to customers, updates to license agreements, etc.)
- Ensuring performance metrics are specified for features with follow up reporting on how features are performing and iterate as needed
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Current experience as Product Analyst, Product Owner or Product Manager
- Background in development or design preferred
- Passionate and opinionated about mobile UX
- Interest in product as a career path and willingness to learn
- Ability to think analytically and articulate needs from a customer standpoint, extrapolating requirements to adequately cover the given scope so design / engineering can implement a solution
- Technical understanding - thirty-thousand foot view awareness of how web and mobile app technology works (e.g. awareness of what a database or server is - advanced knowledge such as knowing what JSON is - a plus)
- Ability to collaboratively gain alignment with design / engineering by advocating for customer needs and adjusting problem definition as needed
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
Competitive salary & benefits package
Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
Blended in-office and remote work environment
Professional learning and development
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights in Australia