Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are a scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations, or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for passionate project managers to join our talented team. As an project manager you’ll be working directly with CEO and VPs, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.
- Make concrete plans and strategies.(e.g. cooperate with cross-functional departments to decide R&D plans and production plans.)
- Guarantee the progress of the project. (e.g. identify and foresee risks, align resources, adjust plans in advance to avoid any risks.)
- Communication and coordination. Collect and summarize requirements on hardware, and give instant and continuous feedback. (e.g. weekly report, answer questions independently)
- Collaborate with engineers (EE, ME) and designers to iterate product requirements based on constraints during implementation as well as insights and feedback from users
- Define, document, and standardize the development process. (e.g. internal design reviews, organize the whole process)
- At least BA degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years of work experience, with experience in smart hardware project management
- Good oral English skills, able to work independently with foreign teams
- Familiar with project management process, with knowledge of IPD product development;
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Work proactively. An entrepreneurial work style, you're a self-starter (“Get things done” attitude)
- Have strong learning ability and proven ability to innovate in a lean, startup setting.Thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Thorough, meticulou, and full of a sense of responsibility
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure.
- Overseas education background
- With experience in robotics, AI hardware
- Experience in hardware R&D and production
- Strong preference given to those who have successfully shipped hardware products (e.g. IoT) into market, from trial to mass production.