Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest-growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons, and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
About the Role:
Image collector is a critical role at Caper, as they serve an integral role in helping assist in the training of our Computer Vision model. You will help improve the counter product by ensuring we have a strong image data base of the items in a store.As the Image Collector, you will work on site where are Caper Counters are live.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Open to learning and understanding the image collection procedure and methodically collecting item images as per instructions
- Search for a list of items that are in the store
- Capturing images of the items by placing them on the Caper Counters
- Keeping track and updating database of items collected
- Active dialogue with our engineers computer vision engineers in regards to the image collecting process
- Comfortable with using a computer, spreadsheets and open to learning more different applications
- Friendly, personable, able to build lasting relationships with store staff
- Able to think on your feet and problem solve on the spot as issues arise
- Ambitious, sales driven, and willing to grow at a small technology start-up
- Interested in technology and how technology shapes the retail landscape
- Flexible schedule - ability to work off peak hours a plus (outside of the usual 8am-6pm schedule)