Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
Come join our team if...
You are able to:
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Caper's services
- Lead sustainable incident response, blameless postmortems, and production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for Caper
- Provide guidances to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services on building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and on building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Excited to disrupt and revolutionize the retail industry
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
You should have:
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in programming at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby
- Experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting large scale systems
- Experience with data structures and/or Unix / Linux systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or another major cloud platform
- Knowledge in containers and orchestration using Docker & Kubernetes
- Knowledge of configuration management in a large environment using Terraform, or other
- Experience with CI oils such as Travis CI, Jenkins, Hudson, etc
- Knowledge of monitoring best practices
- Competitive salary with equity
- Excellent medical insurance
- Weekly catered-lunch
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO
US Citizens / Green card only. We do not sponsor for visa