Caper builds smart shopping carts — powered by deep learning and computer vision — to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training. Instead, retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market. Caper is the fastest-growing retail automation technology company, backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, LUX Capital, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons, and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision — to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. By joining our team, you'll be a part of a culture that cares about people, based all around the world, and the future we're shaping together.
As a remote Technical Support Representative, you'll be working closely with our Support Manager, guiding you over the phone, messages, and video calls. Having superb communication skills is a must for this job — over-communicating is better than being unresponsive.
- Handle customer technical support cases through our support channels
- Update support channels in real-time
- Communicate with team leads about open tickets and new incoming inquiries whenever relevant
- Troubleshoot hardware and software technical issues and see them through to resolution
- Resolve and triage queries and feedback from clients
- Identify trends leading to early identification of emerging issues
- Master the use of helpdesk software
- Knowledge of how to extract data and create reports
- Support Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Talk to customers through a series of actions to resolve a problem
- Support the roll-out of new application features
- Able to work alone with little supervision
- Support Technicians who are in the field
- 1-2 years of experience in the retail industry or similar customer-facing fields, remote or on-site in a position of IT support lead
- Proficiency in English, Reading, Writing & Spoken
- Skillful in solving complex problems and troubleshooting hardware
- You show next-level attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable using new communication tools and apps from a laptop and cellphone
- Be obsessed with client happiness — you succeed when they succeed
- You honor deadlines and can multitask
- You dare to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it — you are proactive, not reactive
- You learn from mistakes and procure emotional intelligence as a challenge-resolving tool
- Able to travel
Our operations are growing fast! We need a support representative with the intellectual horsepower to become an expert whenever and wherever you lack knowledge or experience in the task, a high-energy self-starter, and a collaborative team player. So be ready to get your hands dirty — it's fun!