Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll lead the sales team and report directly to the CEO & CBO. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience including management of SDR and AE functions and a track record of exceeding quota
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Highly prefer people who have experience selling hardware to enterprise clients
- Experience selling to both SMBs and Enterprise
- Strength in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Humble and relentless work ethics
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Assists in the development of the sales plan. Prepares forecasts and KPI reporting for upper management, for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning
- Land and expand: build process and funnel for all stages of sales process
- Establish sales process for both SMB clients and enterprise clients
- Evangelize the product, be willing to pick up the phone and help close deals
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Engineering, Product and Marketing
- Establish the inbound lead requirements needed to meet your sales objectives
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development, and track this religiously every week
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally
- If you have read this job description carefully, please mention the word "Aberto" in the "Why do you want to work at Caper" section of the application
- Competitive salary with equity
- Incentive bonus if performance metrics are achieved
- Excellent medical insurance
- Unlimited PTO